Friday, August 19, 2011

Big Picture Employment

Today was a horrible day at both jobs. My boss at the bank job, Sandra, was getting on my nerves about fire drill procedures. At the shipping depot, my co-worker is getting on my nerves by... being herself I guess. I was going to get mad and all that, but I quickly calmed myself down.

As I stated in an earlier post, it makes no sense to argue or bring my personality to my jobs. I'm only here for the money. Who cares if I'm right or wrong? At the end of the day, it's all about getting money from these jobs to make my quotas, buy my properties, and never have to work a 9-5 again. I'll make my point clear, then shut up. Arguments at a job can't lead to anything productive.

I've seen those guys. The ones that have a story about how they told off their boss or let loose a couple of swings at a co-worker that they didn't like. They want to appear as badasses to strangers. They almost always end up working the same type job, getting into the same kind of trouble, and staying in the same rut until they're dead. That's where most badasses end up.

I'm going to keep my temper in check and always have the big picture in mind. I read this blog everyday and I think this post is a good reminder, especially for days like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment