Oh how I have waited to write this post. It’s been a while since I realized that the Africans of property Chi have overstayed their welcome. I’ve wanted to do throw them out, but always backed off because I was waiting to get that… feeling. Remember GGT? Well, the Good Guy Trigger has been pulled, and it’s time to throw out the trash. Here’s how it happened:
Before I left for Nigeria, I brought two space heaters for the Africans. The guy there, let's call him Stutter Man, seemed upset that I had brought the heaters instead of repairing the furnace. I went to the rooms that weren't getting heat and… guess what? They were NOT cold. Not only that, but they also had objects blocking the damned vents so that heat couldn't get through anyway. As I was leaving, I reminded him that replacing the entire furnace just to pump out more heat to those rooms would be too expensive for me, and more expensive for him due to the extra heat usage. I told him that I’ll see what I can do in February, but for now use the space heaters. Stutter Man said "Okay, we'll see" with an attitude. I looked at him and said "we'll see"? He looked at me strange and I stormed off. I bought them space heaters that they didn't even need, rush to bring them over before my trip, and this tropical motherfucker has the nerve to give me attitude?! I was extremely agitated and went home to print out their 30 day notice. February 20th was the date. The GGT was pulled and I want them out. Just because they are used to 85 degree temperature, they think I'm gonna change the whole place to suit them?
The Monday after I returned from Nigeria, I was in front of a pizzeria in my car, waiting for my 4 slices to be ready. Omarion, the wanna-be handyman in the downstairs unit of Chi, recognized me and walked up to my car. I can’t remember exactly what he said, but it was something like, “Hey man. You chillin’? Counting your money?” You know, one of those asshole things to say to someone because he thinks I just sit there and make money without doing anything. That pissed me off even more, but it was what happened last week Wednesday that really put things into motion.
I went to check the mailbox for rent. Before I opened the PO Box, I remember saying to myself, “I bet you any amount of money the downstairs assholes didn’t pay rent.” Sure enough, I was right. The upstairs tenants paid but the downstairs tenants didn’t send a damned thing. I guess that’s the “we’ll see” that Stutter Man was referring to. I called Umar and Hanna, the ones that usually handle the rent for both apartments. Hanna said that someone stole money from her mother’s bank account, and that had all the rent. She said that everyone is trying to come up with the money to give me. Boy, does this sound familiar or what?! So I went over to speak to them and let them know I need proof from the bank stating that money was stolen. Hanna said it will be in their apartment mailbox for me to pick up. She spoke to me rather dismissively, as she was doing something on her laptop and barely made eye contact. Friday I stopped by. Nothing in the mailbox. Saturday? Nothing. Sunday? Nothing. I went over there again on Monday night and Hanna wasn’t available all of a sudden. Couldn’t get her on the phone or anything either. So yesterday I finally gave up on my plan to serve them notice on February 20th. I filed for eviction for the downstairs tenants and, depending what happens in court, I’ll be sending the upstairs tenants a 30-day notice before January is over.
You know, I saw where they were living before and I gave them what can be considered paradise in comparison. There was only one bedroom, the roof was leaking, and the neighborhood blew ass. I took their calls, fixed whatever broke (which they would sometimes be the cause of), and gave them an entire house with a 2 car garage to themselves. In return, I got attitude. Some people, I swear. And wait to see what happens when they need help at their new residence. An almost all-white town "catering" to their needs? Yeah. Right. Good luck assholes.
P.S.: I decided to repair the furnace after Gonzalez gave me a quote of $600 to replace the ducts with brand new ones so that all the rooms get heat. I want to make sure they have nothing to complain about should they actually show up to court, and I want to make sure I don’t have this problem with the next tenants.
P.P.S.: I think another thing that makes me want them out was the Nigeria trip. I’m just tired of Africans in general. Whenever they’re around me I lose money and patience, so I’m keeping their black asses away from me for a while. If I see a dark face with white teeth smiling at me, asking with an accent if I have apartments for rent, the answer is FUCK NO!
No comments:
Post a Comment