On Saturday morning I couldn’t get out of bed in time. On Sunday it was the same thing. Monday came, and I was determined to get at least SOME painting done. After work, I went over there and finally tried out the Flexio 570. I love that thing. I only got about an hour’s worth of painting done before I felt tired, but I knew it was important to get the process going. On Tuesday, my bank job boss Eddie downloaded the wand. It was like a sign that Tuesday was the day! I played hookie and, by 12:31pm, the vacant apartment was painted! I stood in the middle of the living room and reflected on what I had done. It only took a total of 4 hours to paint the entire apartment, but due to my jobs, the Nigeria trip, and most importantly a lack of motivation, it took two months to get it done. A lack of motivation. Me? How is that possible?
![]() |
| Before |
![]() |
| One coat of paint afterwards... and it took 11 seconds |
I’m sure there are those that could get the job done faster. There are those that can do it better. But I’m not them. I’m Roger Dodger, and sometimes I feel like resting. Sometimes I feel like staying in bed on a Saturday morning and watching old episodes of the Simpsons. The two fulltime jobs take a lot out of me, and I’m not talking about physically. If I’m retired and it takes me two months to paint an apartment, then there’s a big problem. But taking some time to myself on a Saturday or Sunday morning? That’s okay. My ambition will still be there on Monday.
P.S.: The Flexio 570 is great, but I’ll need the other spray canister that is used for trim. It’s difficult to get trim with the regular paint sprayer attachment without going over the blue tape.
P.P.S.: The next step is the cleanup, which is much more difficult and annoying. I have to rip out the carpets and all the garbage in the apartment and dump it in a rented U-Haul truck. Then I have to take the truck to the batcave so I can remove the over 7 years of garbage I’ve accumulated there in preparation for the basement apartment. Slowly but surely, it’s all coming together.


No comments:
Post a Comment