Thursday, February 13, 2014

And Speaking of February...

It’s been an amazingly quiet and peaceful day so far, with both bank job bosses on vacation. Sandra is on maternity leave while Eddie just went on vacation to Puerto Rico. So I’m in the vacant building and I’m…
Chillin'!
So, let’s get down to business.

I tried to call my handyman Alfonso but he hasn’t picked up or returned any of my calls since last week. I tried from different numbers, in case he was avoiding me, but still no answer. I really wanted him to fix the porch railing and the doors of property Charlie’s vacant apartment, so I felt a little miffed. Yesterday I decided to do something I hadn’t done in years: post an ad for a handyman on Craigslist. Angie’s List is great, but not for small jobs. I always had Alfonso for that but, with him out of the picture, I had to find someone who knows his stuff and can get the work done cheap. Within 15 minutes of posting the ad, I got a call from a guy. I asked the right questions and he gave the right answers, so I’ll meet him there tomorrow morning to see what he can do. If it works out, I’ll have him clean the rest of the apartment for $100 more so that I can start renting out this weekend. The Africans also called and said there’s a leak in the bathroom or something, so I’ll have the handyman take care of that too… if he works out. And speaking of the Africans…

Sometime between tomorrow and Sunday, I’ll verbally let those assholes know that there tenancy is fucking over, and to get out by the end of March. I want to do it verbally first, because I don’t want the inevitable phone call once they get that letter in the mail. I imagine they’ll be pissed, but it’s gonna feel so good for me. I can’t wait to get them out and… I just can’t wait to get all three apartments rented out to new people. I need to get the bad taste of Kylie Ray and the Africans out of my mouth so that I can maximize my earnings and just feel better in general. By the end of this month, the vacant apartment should be rented out. By the end of April, property Chi should be fully rented out as well. Then I can start preparing Rita to hand her property Chi over to a property management company. I may not like Rita right now, but I still want her to succeed. So I’ll set her up with good tenants before I finally say goodbye to that headache of a building. And speaking of family…

I also decided to go see my dad Roy in NYC on March 15th, his birthday. This means I have to take a day off work, but it won’t cost me as much as taking a plane because I’m gonna drive over there with my new Jeep Cherokee (which kicks a ton of ass by the way). I agreed to see him because I wanna tell him to his face that I’m more or less done with him. I’m done with the bullshit and the lack of respect for my time and the work I do here. If that means we don’t speak again, so be it. (A part of me is hoping for that particular outcome, but I doubt that'll happen.) One might say that going to a father’s house to basically tell him fuck off would be the worst possible birthday present, but it’s the only way I’m gonna get my point across with these people. I plan to do the same when Rita gets back from Nigeria in a couple of weeks. She called me up two days ago to send her $300 and that it was an emergency. I do it and call her back, but her phone is switched off for some reason. This blasted woman waits until MIDNIGHT LAST NIGHT (two days after the "emergency call" and 20 minutes after I finally went to sleep) to call and ask for the Western Union information. No respect or consideration that I have to go to work in the morning. So she’s gonna get the same stuff that Roy’s gonna get, and whatever happens happens. And speaking of work…

Starting tomorrow, I’ll be working 12- to 16-hour days until the 24th. That definitely sucks, but I got some news that made it a little better. Before my boss Eddie went on vacation, he called me into his office yesterday to say that we’re all getting raises at the bank job, thanks to Obama. I’m going from $9.67 to $10.13, an increase of 46 cents. I’m not sure why he thought I was gonna start jumping for joy at the info, but he got on my nerves when he said, “I thought you of all people would be happy about it. You’ve been working here for so long.” I gave him a look and walked away. I swear, Eddie is so lucky I never used my gun permit to buy a gun. Despite his idiocy, I’m feeling good about the raise. It means that I’ll be making an extra $883 a year but, more importantly, I’ll be making over $10 an hour at both jobs. That double digit number feels good in my mind and will help me cope with the fact that I’m still working these two jobs. I haven’t even looked at my bank account this month due to fears that knowing how much I’ve lost over these last two months would mess with my head. So far I’ve been using Howard Stern shows, downloaded NBA games, 80s music, and reading this blog to get me through these times. And speaking of this blog...

I decided to wait until property Charlie’s vacant apartment is rented out before I end this blog and switch to the new one. I’m not sure why but it… it just feels right to do it this way. Part of it has to do with ending this blog on a high note, and few notes are higher to a landlord than having 100% occupancy. I’m sure there are other reasons that I can’t think of now, but ending it the right way is important to me. Hmm… “important to me”. That term is becoming more and more prevalent in my life, as I get rid of all the things I feel are holding me back and really get back to basics in doing what’s right for ME. All these changes I’m making: from the new car to throwing out the Africans; handing over property Chi to a property management company; telling Roy to fuck off; moving to a new blog… it’s all about setting myself up for the future by eliminating anything that holds me back and doing what’s necessary to ensure peace of mind both personally and financially. That’s what matters now. It should be all that matters from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment