$14,800. Didn’t I start this month with that same amount of money? Ugh.
The down payment for the Jeep Cherokee, the high National Grid bills,water bills, and the constant repairs for the vacant unit of property Charlie were the main causes behind me making NO MONEY this month. It feels crappy because, if things were the way they should have been, I would have about $20K in my account right now. I wrote a post a long time ago about the effect a low account balance can have on me, and I’m really feeling it now. With Taniqua’s payment coming next week Tuesday and the rest of the rents coming in, I’m really hoping to have AT LEAST $16K in my account. The monthly bills will be the same, but with the added $339 payment I'm probably paying the same amount I paid this month. There is one major variable for March, however, and that’s the Africans.
I honestly don’t know what they’re up to. Will one apartment pay rent while the other refuses, or will both refuse to pay rent? I really don’t know, but I’ll call Umar and try to find out what the situation is. He’s the only one I am still on good terms with, and I’m really hoping for a simple solution to this whole dilemma without the need for court. But, if they wanna go the hard way, I’m ready: I have $160 set aside for the evictions of both apartments for non-payment. You know, I have absolutely no good feelings about these Africans. I just want them to leave so that I can put good tenants in there, and then hand over that troublesome property to a management company. The thought of never having to deal with that place again kinda makes all this drama worthwhile.
The other thing about March is that it’ll be the last month I’ll have this blog. I’ll write my final post sometime next week, and then start my new one next weekend. I… hmm. I don’t have anything good to say about that, but I’ll get all that out in the final post. So, my only hopes are that, by the end of March the Africans are out and I’ve actually MADE money. That would be a much welcome change, as having a net profit of -$800 makes me feel as if it’s still January 1st.
P.S.: I don't normally say this, but I'm really looking forward to the end of winter in March. I usually love winter for keeping mongrels at bay and all, but I've grown extremely tired of the high National Grid bills... along with these subzero mornings walking around in that parking garage or writing truck numbers down with frozen fingers at the shipping depot. I've had at least 20 days in which I've had to go to work and do my job in negative degree temperature, and that's more than all my previous winters combined. This was by far the worst winter I've ever experienced either in Smalltown or Brooklyn, and the sooner it's over the better I'll feel.
No comments:
Post a Comment