Monday, March 31, 2014

Relieving My Back and Property Pains

You know, it really does seem like I’ve had nothing but bad news ever since this year started. I feel like I’ve done nothing but bitch and moan ever since I started writing down the year 2014 as a date. Well… hmm. I can’t say there’s no bad news in this post, but at least it’s not all bad…

Last week Tuesday I got a call from my mom Rita complaining about her not getting any money from property Chi for most of last year. Hearing her complain was just the trigger I needed and I went off. I ranted and raved for maybe 3 straight minutes and didn’t give her a chance to speak. I have to admit that it felt good to let lose like that. Rita said that she’s thinking of selling the place or giving it to a property management company to manage since I’m so busy. SHE suggested this, and that made me very happy. She’s coming to Smalltown once the Africans are gone to finally view the place she purchased 5 years ago, and to make decisions as to what she’s gonna do. It’s finally gonna be over with Chi! Oh the joy! At first I was a little pissed because it sounded as if she was saying that the reason she wasn’t making money was because of me… as if I didn’t know what I’m doing. But who cares?! If that’s what it takes to get that piece of shit out of my life (property Chi), then call me the most incompetent property manager on Earth.

I wanted to write about this whole exchange between Rita and me last week Thursday, but I had a problem. At around 9:00am Thursday morning I realized that I couldn’t move my legs very well and my back was killing me. I didn’t understand what was happening or why, as I even had trouble walking onto a curb. I went home and used one of those heating pads for my back, but I still had to take all of Friday off from both jobs. As one might expect, I was furious about losing money, but I really couldn’t move well at all. I was walking like my grandmother for a while, but started feeling a little better once Sunday came about. Nothing like back problems to help one realize that he is, in fact, over 30 years of age. I still feel some tingling in my legs and the now-dull pain in my lower back, but I’m moving around much better. To remedy this, I’m gonna start eating even better than I was before and losing some weight. I’m also gonna stop running up the stairs at the bank job for the time being. When I run, I usually land on (and push up with) my toes, which my research has found can be very damaging for both my knees and back. Once the back pain is gone I’ll start working out my core (abs) to strengthen my back, and I’ll walk up the stairs instead of running.

I’m on the fence as to whether I should go see a doctor.  I told myself that I’d never see a doctor again after the cancer stuff, but I have to admit that the pain is excruciating. Because I’m improving, I’ll most likely not go to one. But if the pain doesn’t completely go away, then I’ll have to see someone. I may be indifferent about living or dying, but living comfortably is just as important a reason to live as retirement.

P.S.: Yesterday, I found out that the downstairs Africans of property Chi have left! I also did a very good reference for Umar and Hanna, the upstairs tenants, so I’m expecting them out by the end of the week. With both apartments empty so early, I save money by not having to file evictions, plus I have a very good opportunity to rent out both units before the end of April. Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment