Wow. This weekend was friggin’ sweet! All I did was watch movies and enjoy warm sunny weather at the shipping depot. While all that was good, the real story of the weekend was the new feel over at property Chi.
The Africans of both apartments are gone. Umar and Hanna found a place over the weekend and moved out immediately. The African era of property Chi is officially over. This marks the first time I've gotten rid of tenants who consistently paid rent on time. I see this as a growth in property maintenance experience because it shows that, even though I’m all about the money, I want money the right way. When a tenancy is filled with expensive repairs, I choose not to look at who’s at fault. Is it the house? Is it the tenants? That takes too long to decipher and I’m not a very bright investigator. All I look at are the numbers. If the numbers don’t look right, then the tenants have to go. Now, if new tenants move in and the same problems keep happening, then I’ll know that the house is fucked up. But it will no longer be my problem anymore, as I can’t wait to give that place up to a property management company. My mom Rita was supposed to come by this weekend and FINALLY see the house that she bought 5 years ago, but she didn’t show up (as I expected). Showing that she doesn’t care makes me care even less with what she does with the damned place.
The final chapter of the African experiment is over and I’m not 100% sure how to feel about it. I know that, because of them, I won’t be renting to Africans for a very long while. But as to whether I made the right decision to end their tenancy? I don’t know. I can only base my decisions on common sense and logic. Time will tell whether those decisions were good or bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment