Friday, April 25, 2014

Roger Does Yoga

You know, I watched that Temple Grandin movie last weekend and it was awesome. Still haven’t seen a bad Claire Danes movie, and this one was so damned good that I’m keeping it. It gave me a very small insight into autism and made me interested enough to do more research on the sickness. This weekend promises to be just as good as I have more movies to watch. Among them is a set of videos that may be the key to my turnaround.

2014 hasn’t just been a financial failure, but physically as well. Though I haven’t gained weight, my back is still in some pain and I haven’t had made time to do workouts. I’m no longer interested in going to the gym because my back won’t let me do the same workouts, and my dislike of social situations has definitely increased this year. I honestly believe that May is the beginning of my 2014 financial rebound, so I’m gonna try for a physical rebound as well. I’m a huge wrestling fan, and I heard about this thing called DDP Yoga which I’m starting in May. It was created by a former wrestler named Diamond Dallas Page and he already has a ton of people doing it. So I got it today and I’m looking through the videos preparing myself. I plan to watch them over the weekend to get a taste of what my body is in for.

You know, I can honestly say that I currently don't care for yoga. I think it’s kinda stupid and is only useful to give women better flexibility during sex. Sadly, I’m not kidding. This is honestly all I know about yoga, and always skipped those yoga segments whenever I did P90X or Beachbody. But having a guy like DDP start it, plus hearing nothing but good things, gets me interested. It also helps that DDP Yoga is used by many people with physical problems as a way to both workout and heal the pain, as they showed an example of with that cool Arthur Boorman video. I’m skeptical, of course, but I really don’t have much choice. Most of the workouts I’m used to doing (P90X and Beachbody Insanity) I can’t do because of my crappy back.

So I’ll give DDP Yoga a try and I’ll log it on this blog like I did with P90X and Beachbody. I'm not sure this thing is gonna work, but I'll give it the same try as I did the other workouts. I hate to be one of those assholes that jump from workout to workout, but life is kinda funny. It throws things at me like a bad back and now I have to adapt... like I always do. Here's to hoping this new challenge brings about the start of good news on this depressing ass blog.

1 comment:

  1. I admit that I am one of those people who jumps between workouts. However, I can tell you the most effective have been: P90x (I couldn't keep up), BodyPump (my absolute favorite, but only in a group class environment), and Qigong. Yoga is cool and I feel good when doing it. Unfortunately, yoga doesn't give me magical results like the others. I applaud you for giving it a serious try. Any kind of physical activity done with proper form in good for your body and mind.

    ReplyDelete