Friday, April 18, 2014

Tisha Grandin

On Monday I had to meet the new tenant of property Chi, Tisha, to give a deposit. I told her that I’d be cleaning and the stove would be replaced. I trusted an appliance company that I’ve used for years to send me a good one, and this is what I got in return:

Rust spots galore
Slanted Front

Assholes. I'll admit that I screwed up by taking too long to pick up the original stove I paid for, but to send this as a replacement is a sign of either desperation, disrespect, or retardation. I live in a fucking cave and I wouldn't use something like that, much less buy one for $200. I went over to Markus' Appliances and I told him to take it back and give me a refund. He said I could only get store credit which pissed me off even more, but I walked away from the situation. Tisha came by and, when she saw what I promised her as the replacement stove, she went crazy. Now I don’t mean crazy as in “mad”. I mean crazy as in “crazy”.

She started rambling and talking very fast about how she needs to bake every day and it calms her down from her stressful job. I mean, she was talking super fast. Then she opened the oven door, which made a loud creaking sound. The sound made her cover her ears and said “Oh my God! I can’t do this! I can’t do this!” Now I’m standing there watching this nutjob as I kept a friendly face on. In the back of my mind, however, I was wondering if I made the right decision picking this crazy bitch over that SSI mongrel Sindy. Once I calmed her down and told her that I’ll get another stove, she seemed okay and then decided to let me in on why she acted that way: she’s autistic.

Now I have no idea what the hell autism is or does. The very little I know about it came from The Shield, because Vic Mackey’s youngest son had it. When I was a kid, we called anyone who acted like that retarded. That was our professional diagnosis. It freaked me out and, when I told Brooklyn Mike about it, he said he guessed it was autism from the way she reacted. He said I should watch a movie called Temple Grandin, about some lady who has autism and treated it by doing… something with animals, I don’t know. He said he loved it, and that was the only recommendation I needed. So I agreed to put that on my list of movies to watch this weekend at the shipping depot. I haven't seen a bad Claire Danes movie yet, so at least I know it's good. I’ll also do a bit of research just to get myself familiar with the basics of it. I wonder if her constant babbling is autism related? At first I figured that people of her age group, like Libby of property Beta, like to talk a lot. But maybe it’s because of her illness? I don’t know.

Much Better
So I bought a better stove from Best Appliances, a store over an hour away, and they delivered it here for $75. They also had other appliances that let me know I'll be going to them when I can't find what I need with Markus'. It was in amazing condition so I knew she would love it. Tisha fell in love with the stove yesterday as she stopped by to give the rest of the money. I think I can work with Tisha and, even if I have trouble, I won’t have to deal with her for much longer. I did my job and got property Chi's owner and my mom Rita the best tenants I could find that pay $75 more per month than the Africans did. My only other issue besides the autism of Tisha is the fact that I rented out to two single women. I don’t like renting out to single women because it usually means that I have to get calls about everything. With a man in the house, I get less calls because not many men (real ones anyway) like their women calling another guy to take care of a problem. But I think I’ll be fine with these two and the challenges they provide, especially Tisha. Once I get rid of managing property Chi, I’ll be rid of the only autism I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment