Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Bitter End to Another Bitter Month

I started off in January with $15,600 right? Remember that? Seems like so long ago. Well, it’s about the end of April and I have a grand total of $15,860 in my account. I've made $200 in 4 months. This also means that, from the ending of March until now, I’ve lost $1,250. The bathroom job at property Beta combined with giving back most of the two security deposits, paying the mortgage, and dealing with the repairs of property Chi have… have drained me in every way. It also had an unexpected effect on my health.

Before I start DDP Yoga, I wanted to know how much I weighed. I weighed myself before the Nigeria Trip and I was 229. I liked that weight. I figured that I hadn’t gained much but wanted an official number regardless. I got on the scale Saturday and saw the numbers 240 appear. I did it again. 240. How was this possible? How the hell did I gain 11 pounds without knowing? I looked at my body and saw no difference--- NONE. But it does explain why my feet have been hurting lately, and probably the back pain as well. Perhaps I was trying to do the same stuff at 229 that I was at 240 and my body needed to adjust? Ugh. The bigger disappointment is that I let property Chi get to me. I’m 100% sure that the stress from property Chi is largely responsible for the weight gain. I’m hopeful that DDP Yoga will make things better when I start it next week. But the low account balance, the dealings with the Africans, the constant disappointments and I… I’m just a miserable fuck right now. Thankfully, this month is finally over and I can look forward to May.

The most important objective for the month of May is to find a property management company to take over for Chi. The autistic tenant Tisha called me over the weekend to complain that someone was in her apartment because the deadbolts were unlocked. Since we were the only ones that had keys, I assumed it was someone from the bar across the street and I had the Pelcom guys go over on Saturday to fix all the old windows to be able to open, close and lock. As the guys worked, I overheard Tisha talking to herself saying, “I don’t know… maybe I DID leave the deadbolts unlocked”. On Sunday I got yet another call from that idiot Tisha saying that she needs a metal plate installed in the door lock because the wood is split. I go over there Monday morning to check out what she’s babbling about and she gets all freaked out that I came a half hour early. As I headed to Lowes to buy a new door jam, she called me up to cancel the appointment because she has “too much to do.”

You know, I have a limit with tenants. I present myself as a nice guy and give every tenant a certain amount of kindness to make them feel comfortable. With most tenants, that lasts throughout their time at an apartment because they don’t piss me off too much. The month of May hasn’t even started and I’ve had it with Tisha. Fuck her autism and fuck her. Nice guy out, douchebag in. Lousy bitch thinks I’m gonna bend over backwards for her? So I’m gonna start taking my time with this worthless imbecile when it comes to repairs. I mean, how the fuck am I gonna deal with someone who makes shit up? Tisha actually complained that, even after the locks were fixed, someone came in and left food in her refrigerator. The same refrigerator I personally cleaned out, so I knew it was bullshit! I’ve had it. I can’t wait to move Molly into the upstairs apartment this week so I don’t have to deal with this shit anymore. I believe one can see why I want this property off my hands ASAP, right?

In May, I’m also registering to pay my taxes online. Ross dissuaded me from doing this a couple years ago, saying it was important to have a paper trail when dealing with taxes. But what paper trail is better than paying taxes directly from a bank account?? It’s such a hassle writing checks when I can do it so much easier online and get confirmation numbers from BOTH my bank and the IRS. I’m finding Ross more and more useless with every communication. All he really did was to do my taxes correctly. He screwed up by telling me to pay that 2011 penalty in one shot instead of through a payment plan, and then he suggested writing checks to pay taxes instead of doing it online. Fuck him too. One more tax season and we will go our separate ways. As far as bills go, May will be a five paycheck month but I have the quarterly water bills to pay for. The National Grid bills should be a tad lower than March, and I’ll be paying my quarterly estimated taxes this month as well. I honestly don’t know what to expect as far as May’s quota, but anything over 18k would definitely make me smile.

I’ve gone on and on about how bad this year has been, and most of it centers around property Chi. We’re having another Dodger Family Summit this weekend for my mom, Rita, who’s also the owner of that shitty property Chi. Since I refused to take off from work like I did with Roy’s summit, we’ll all be on a conference line. Right now Rita and I are not on speaking terms, so I doubt this is gonna go well. I just want things to get better, and that means making sure I’m free of that cursed property by the end of May and getting back to making money again. And I've gotta get in shape and and get my physical and mental health back. Seriously, enough already…

P.S.: A package handler at a Fedex in Georgia went crazy and killed a bunch of people today. Even though I don’t work for Fedex, I’m pretty sure this means a bunch of suits are gonna be hassling security today at the shipping depot job. I would love to call off but I can’t afford it. “I can’t afford it.” I haven’t said those four words in a long time. For shame. It's times like these I really wish I was on welfare. Those guys seem so much happier...

No comments:

Post a Comment