Um… you know how I always say I’m not so bright? Well, it’s true. I don’t think things out very well. I think a few days of life are gonna be shaved off my already-short lifespan once this weekend is over.
Yesterday, my bank job boss Eddie asked me if I want three days off next week. I say sure, but what would I have to do. He said I had to work two of the weekend shifts to cover for someone. Without thinking, I agreed. As I drove home yesterday, I realized that I had just agreed to work 64 straight hours from Friday this morning at 6:30am until the end of Sunday. This is my schedule:
Friday:
Bank Job from 6:30pm – 2:30pm
Shipping Depot from 4:00pm – 12:00am
Saturday:
Bank Job from 12:00am – 12:00pm
Shipping Depot from 12:00pm – 12:00am
Sunday:
Bank Job from 12:00am – 12:00pm
Shipping Depot from 12:00pm – 12:00am
Mr. No Days Off may have just screwed himself over to get days off. Ugh. I don’t think I’ve ever worked that many hours straight before, so obviously I’m gonna have to find a way to get sleep. And I also forgot that I have Saturday and Sunday morning appointments to show the apartments of property Chi. I feel like even more of a dumbass because I agreed to this schedule two weeks after I read an article from NPR that the brain damage caused by losing sleep may not be reversed when a person finally sleeps. In other words, the notion of “catching up on sleep” might not be true when it comes to the brain.
What I’m gonna do is to sleep during the bank job hours. I’ll relieve the guard that’s there, do 1 round, and then lock up and go home. I’ll sleep from 1am to 7am, and then go back to work to do another round. From there, I go to show the apartments of property Chi, and then it’s back to work for the final round. As long as I can get those 5 or 6 hours of sleep, I’ll be good. If it works out, then it’ll be worth it. I’ll have Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday completely off, and I don’t think I’ve ever had that. It was too good of an opportunity to pass up, and it’ll be a nice thing to get a taste of what retirement will feel like. I was dumb to agree to it without thinking, but I’m used to being dumb. But if I can make all this work and get enough sleep, then maybe I can consider myself a little brighter than I give myself credit for.
No comments:
Post a Comment