Thursday, April 10, 2014

To the Brink

Oh… my… god. Yesterday was… wow. I guess “crazy” would be the right description, but it doesn’t really capture the moment.

So I went over to property Chi to get the keys back from Umar and Hanna, as well as to pay the Pelcom guys. After Umar gave me the keys, he asked about the security deposit. Security deposit?! I told him that the downstairs Africans are entitled to their deposit back because they left before the 1st. He left on the 6th. Umar seemed surprised at this, and tried to argue with me that I should have told him this. Why else, he argued, would he be in such a hurry to leave if he knew he could stay the whole month? I told him that I understood his point ut right now there’s nothing I can do. I mean, really! I’ve lost so much money over this piece of shit property that ISN’T EVEN mine, and now he wants me to give him his security deposit because of HIS misunderstanding??!!! So I said no, even at his suggestion that I should prorate the rent for the 6 days they were there. It didn’t seem right to me. There’s no rent to prorate, just the security deposit! So I break from talking with them to deal with the Pelcom guys.

New Bath tub wall... well done
They did another great job, although I didn’t like the fact that they used caulk for the space in the deadbolts. I wanted to point that out, but I was still dealing with the Africans in my mind and didn’t realize it until I got home. After the Pelcom guys left, Umar tried to argue again. Fake thug Omarion came over to ask why they’re only getting back $600 of the $700 security deposit. When I showed him the locks that he replaced on the antique doors which ruined the doors themselves, he tried to say they were like that when he moved in. After I basically laughed tat that, he agreed to take the money on Friday, saying “I better get that money” under his breath as he walked away. I asked him what he said and he said nothing. Umar and Hanna were still waiting to argue some more, so I told them that they believe I should give back the security deposit and I don't believe I should. The only way to solve this is in court, so he should file a claim and take it to a judge. As I’m about to walk away, two cop cars pull up. You have GOT to be kidding me, I thought.

These mongrels actually called the cops! After listening to Umar explain the situation, they split to speak with us separately. The one with me, who has rental units of his own, said that he’s seen this a thousand times. The best way to handle this situation is to give them something. The results of disgruntled tenants in that neighborhood usually result in damages that cost much more than the security deposit in dispute. Even though I was mad, I understood what he was saying and decided to compromise. Once they left, I told Umar that I would give him half the security deposit back. He said no and that he’ll take it to court. Another downstairs african, who also showed up, tried to get in my face about the downstairs deposit just like Omarion. I stepped to him and, just like Omarion, the bitch left. So I get in my car and I’m steaming mad. It took EVERY OUNCE OF RESTRAINT not to kick the shit out of Omarion and Stutter Man. I called Brooklyn Mike to see what he thought about the situation (Nino decided not to pick up the phone), and then I receive this text from Stutter Man:

“You bitch ass you are lucky I was not here. We our fucking deposit or I will take your ass to court stupid mother fucker”

First the Ultimate Warrior dies, and now this?! That did it. If I wasn't gonna kick his ass for the foul language, I should at least kick his ass for raping my eyes with his bad grammar. Fucking fake ass "text gangster". While Brooklyn Mike was trying to calm me down on the phone I went to buy a knife, as I had lost my trusty Iraqi Freedom knife early last year. Brooklyn Mike felt weird that I was calling the Africans a bunch of savage animals until I reminded him that I call everyone I don’t like fucking mongrels. I then drove around Smalltown, looking for their cars, as I had wrote the license plates down as they were leaving. Bitch ass mother fucker?! Weren’t they the ones who stepped off when I didn’t back down?! After two hours I couldn’t find them, so I got a couple Subway Flatizzas and went home. I was still shaking and fucking furious, and it took until 3am before I finally went to sleep. As I write this, I’m still furious but much calmer than I was yesterday.

You know what sucks? When I was a kid, I’d get bullied by everyone---- family and friends alike. Even Brooklyn Mike joined in on it when I first met him, because I was too small to do anything about it. Now that I’m an adult and capable to kicking the shit out of people, I can’t do it because it’s “immature”? This guy calls me a bitch ass mother fucker and I’m supposed to do nothing?! High road?! I’m not even a tough guy, but I know who can beat me up and who can’t. I could beat the living shit out of Omarion and Stutter Man AT THE SAME TIME, and now I have to take the high road?! So unfair. I don’t know about most people (especially dudes), but for me it is extremely difficult.

Last night I talked to myself for hours. I started forward thinking about what would happen if I did what I wanted to do. I started thinking about the arrest. I thought about the jail. I thought about the trial. I thought about the guilty verdict. I thought about being in prison with guys much harder than me. I thought about losing everything I worked for just to kill a couple worthless Africans. It’s not worth it. Give back the $600 security deposit to the downstairs Africans. Let Umar and Hanna take me to court. Get the place rented out to good peoples before the 31st, and then hand it over to a good property management company. That’s it. But as simple as it may look, it is very difficult to do. To end this, I’ll list the three things I learned from this altercation:

1. No more Africans. Period. I see a black face with white teeth smiling at me, I’m showing them the door.

2. I have to buy in a good area. I already knew this, but that was reinforced with this situation. Being in that neighborhood, a landlord has to sometimes concede and rent out to mongrels. And that usually means trouble. Yes, properties in good areas cost a lot more. But it's worth it I think.

3. When I get into a dispute with dumb animals like the Africans, it’s best to compromise. My chances to get into a brawl ended once I turned 30. Time to grow up and realize that I’m not at the same level as these lowlifes. I’m a landlord now. Soon I’ll be retired. I didn’t fight to stay alive just to end up in jail over a $450 security deposit. Let it go, and live to fight another day.

P.S.: There’s another rule, Rule #4. If any of them attack me when I give back the $600 security deposit, rule #3 goes out the window. Being called a bitch and actually being a bitch are two completely different things, and I can only be pushed so far.


P.P.S.: To be a cop and landlord at the same time? I thought that was so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment