Monday, February 20, 2012

Shape Up

Fit Test
Switch Kicks: 50, Power Jacks: 15, Power Knees: 30, Power Jumps: 16, Globe Jumps: 7 rotations, Suicide Jumps: 5, Push-up Jacks: 20, Low Plank Oblique: 20.

For the rest of this month, my focus is on getting it through to the upstairs tenant of property Alpha, Nicky, that she has to go. It all hinges on her paying a fraction of the rent, which I’m almost positive she will do. Once I get the payment I’ll lower the boom and either give her a 30-day notice and make her sign an $100 per month agreement, or evict her and have her out before the middle of March. At this point I don’t care which path she chooses, but the 30-day notice/signed agreement works better for both parties.

This is also the week that I finally start the Beachbody Insanity workouts. I’ve had to put it off for a while because I couldn’t find the time to do it. Then something happened that was pretty cool. In a post I did July of last year called Beep, I explained how my bank job works through video. I walk around with a wand (called the Tocowand) in my hand and hit points in the garage on an hourly basis. It's like a maze for idiots. The wand is then downloaded into a computer to confirm that I’ve done my rounds. For the last few months I’ve been abusing the thing, throwing it down stairs and across the garage floor to lighten things up at the job. It can take a lot of punishment so I didn’t really think it could break. Last week, I found out that the Tocowand is officially broken and needs to be either repaired or replaced. This means that I no longer have to do my rounds if I don’t feel like it, spending all day in the abandoned building watching Star Trek, brushing up on commercial investing, and finally having the time to start the Insanity workouts!

I finished the Fit Test about 30 minutes ago and it was brutal. P90X prepared me for it and I have been eating very well, but I had gone so long without working out that it was tough to keep up. I plan to keep track of my progress on this blog because I absolutely do not have the time or patience to create another blog. At the start of each blog, I’ll quickly detail the reps that I do. My belief is that I can use the consistency of this blog to regularize my workouts, holding me accountable each time I review my blog for business reasons. The details have to be small because I don’t want to detract from the education I get reviewing my blog every day. Hopefully by the time this week is over, both my body and my situation with Nicky will begin to shape up.

No comments:

Post a Comment