Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Aiming at 13k

I just finished eating steak and egg whites and it’s Wednesday, so I get out of work at 11:30am instead of 2:30pm. I must say that this… feels… good.

At the halfway point of February it seems as if I have a realistic shot at making 13k this month, thanks mostly to other people screwing up. Monro Brakes took $200 off my head gasket job that they screwed up on and cost me to miss working at the shipping depot last Tuesday. The Giants won the Superbowl and I won $175 from various people that I had bets with. I had to go two days without using my phone because Straight Talk had technical issues, so they took $10 off my bill. It just seems as if other people fucking up is really helping me out every time. Well, maybe not every time. There’s still the issue of Nicky.

Nicky paid $250 at the beginning of the month and owes $550. I already know she will probably come up short, but my hopes were that she would be able to pay at least $700 this month, then make up for it in March when we all get an extra paycheck. I’ve learned, however, that when I have to “hope” that something happens it usually never does. Life is never that easy. I wanted to be able to keep her until her lease is up but it that doesn’t seem likely. At this point, I’m simply trying to find the best way to throw Nicky out and minimize my losses. I’m no longer considering doing the Nicky Evacuation Plan, at least not with her. She might be an idiot but she hasn’t showed poor character. In fact, she’s one of the more honest tenants that I have right now. Telling her that I’m not going to evict her then evicting her anyway seems wrong and I can’t justify it. I still want to test out the plan, but it has to be with someone that pisses me off. Nicky works hard, but she’s a clod that can’t afford the apartment.

If she pays a fraction of the rent like I’m expecting her to this week, I’ll send her a reality check. I’ll let her know that she hasn’t proven that she can afford the apartment without help from a loan, and that this simply won’t work. Then I would give her a 30-day notice which would leave her with all of March to find a place. If she can’t find a place then I’ll have to throw her ass out, but at least it will be done right. I’m saving the Evacuation Plan for the asshole tenants and Nicky doesn’t seem to be one. Maybe she will be one later, and then I’d have no problems with screwing her over. One thing is for sure—with 13k in my sights, then 16k for the month of March, I can’t afford to keep someone like her in my most profitable unit. Something has to be done.

1 comment:

  1. Just skimmed through your blog quickly, and I'm pretty impressed with your goal. I like the way you are confident, and are working hard to get where you want to be. I wish more people were like that.

    I am just now dealing with my first rental property, and it's nothing like what I expected. Basically it SUCKS,,, so hopefully like you, I will learn how to deal with it better. I also plan on saving up so I can buy more properties, I think it is a great steady income, especially when you manage them right.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. (btw, how did you end up there)

    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete