Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Indecent Proposal

Plyometric Cardio Circuit
26 out of the 43 minutes, with breaks. Plyometrics are tough on the feet so I may have to buy sneakers instead of doing it barefoot.


I’ve made progress in my dealings with tenants and so far everything is going fine in tenant relations. For one tenant, however, things are going “too fine”.

Kris is Stan’s brother, who both rent out the upstairs of property Beta. He works security and helps Stan pay the bills. Since he has been there, I haven’t had a problem with Stan paying rent. On Friday, he texted me saying he wanted to replace his bedroom window with a new one and wanted permission. I welcome any repair I don’t have to pay for that adds value to the house, so I authorized it. After I gave Kris the number of the window maker I use, he then asked me what I was doing for the weekend. I told him that I’m always working. Out of nowhere, he told me that he and some friends were going out on Saturday night, and then he was going to be home Sunday cleaning the house. He then texted this: “Maybe sometime if your not busy give me a call”. Yeah, oh shit indeed.

First tenant that hits on me (in a non-rent related situation) and it has to be a DUDE? I’ve always thought that Kris was very friendly but I didn’t know he was a homo. I’ve never been good at detecting who’s a homo and who isn’t. When I went to college at CCNY, I used to take the 1 train after classes to Christopher Street to walk around and clear my head before I had to go to work. I liked the scenery and the fact that mostly everyone kept to themselves. It was very easy to get lost in thought and was exactly what I needed. I noticed a few dudes staring me down but I always thought they wanted to fight or something. It wasn’t until a couple of months passed that I realized that Christopher Street is one of the gayest streets in Manhattan, and those looks weren’t the looks of anger.

I’m kinda pissed at Kris. I mean, this puts me in a bit of an awkward situation. Tenants that want to fix up their unit and pay for it themselves are rare, and I want him and his brother to stay. On the other hand, I don’t really like being hit on by guys. It feels… not good. Now I’m gonna feel weird anytime I have to go over there. I decided not to respond to the text and I hope he gets the message. Whenever I would ask a girl out in junior high school (and high school… and college) and they wouldn’t respond I usually figured out that they had no interest, so I’m betting that works on homos as well. As long as he gets the subtle message, I think everything should work out. After all, when I realized that Christopher Street was filled with homos I still walked around there. It was a place where nobody bothered me and there’s something so “SoHo” about that area. So long as he doesn’t do this again, I can still benefit from a very good tenant situation with him and his brother that can last for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment