Wednesday, February 1, 2012

First of the Month

The first of the month. It used to be my favorite day because it meant that I was going to be receiving rents. But it’s also the day that I pay all of the mortgages plus any other bills, and watching my money go away is never something can enjoy. This also refers to watching the welfare bums strut into the bank (at the bank job) and cash their "first of the month" checks to spend my hard earned money on flashy clothes and diner food.

I paid all three mortgages, three water bills, paid my mom Rita her $400 profits for property Chi, and I still have to pay for car repairs as well as extending both my PO Box rental and my AAA membership for another year. The first day might suck but everyday afterwards is profit, and that always makes me happy. The quota for this month is 13k. I’m only certain about this month because it’s an easy calculation. Tomorrow I will be working at the bank job from 6:30am until 7:00pm, so that will give me some time to figure out what my quotas should be from now until June and post it on this blog.

As far as variables for this month go, it’s one word—Nicky. Today is her deadline to get the money owed and I’m hoping she doesn’t get it. I can finally file for eviction tomorrow, take her to court next Friday, then have her out by the 15th at the latest. I’m sure I’ll have to spend a little money cleaning up the place (or rather, paying my handyman Alfonso to clean the place). Nicky is hoping that Empower will approve her loan today so that she can stay but I’m really hoping that they turn her down. I can’t see them giving her anything because I’m pretty sure her credit is low based on the way she handles her money. Getting her out and moving in a good tenant that can actually pay the rent will take almost all my real estate problems away and I can solely focus on the jobs and making money.

January was a month of waste and I’m glad it’s over. After all the money invested in my GMC Jimmy and Nicky’s money issues, I took a $300 loss. But last year taught me that, as bad as a month can be, I can always turn my fortunes around the very next month. That’s the beauty of real estate investing. As long as I play the game the way it’s supposed to be played, I make up for any bad decisions by making good decisions later on. I’m looking forward to see how February goes, but I’m starting it off right—by forgetting January ever happened and focusing on this new month of promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment