Pure Cardio
32 out of 41 minutes. Week One is over and this was a crazy workout. I can do two straight warm-ups, but the third is still impossible without a break. Couldn’t lift my legs to do switch kicks. My hope is to be able to complete one full workout next week.
I had a strategy to kick my upstairs tenant of property Alpha, Nicky, out of my most profitable unit and move in a more responsible tenant who can pay rent on time. My plan was to tell her that she can’t afford the apartment after she pays partial rent this month. I’d have her out by the end of March at the latest and then I can rent the unit out for $50-$100 higher. Nicky, it would appear, has other plans.
For the second month in a row, Nicky paid the full rent. She texted me yesterday to say that she could only take $350 out of the ATM. I then told her that she should go into the actual bank and get money from the teller. She seemed surprised that she had that option. She also didn’t seem to know that she could get money orders and checks from her bank as well. Then again, I’ve always known she wasn’t the smartest. When I went over there to pick up the money she said that one of the lights wasn’t working. I went inside the room, flipped the switch and the light came on. She then said, “Oh, I didn’t know that light had a switch!” She reminds me of Kelly Bundy in that she’s dumb but trainable. Before she moved in to property Alpha she was paying rent in cash and lived like a pig. Now she’s able to pay rent through money orders and the apartment looks better. If I can continue to train her to pay rent (on time) and handle her finances properly, she can turn out to be a decent tenant.
With her money plus my paycheck for this week, I should be able to reach my 13k quota easily. I have to admit that I’m beginning to respect Nicky because she works her cute ass off to make money to pay rent and her other bills plus take care of her kid. I still believe that I could have made a better choice for a tenant back in November, but I also think that I gave up on her too quickly. After all, this month seems to be all about turning disadvantages into advantages. Just because I didn’t make the best decision doesn’t mean that I can’t make it work in my favor. I’m rooting for her to be able to pull through and become the kind of responsible tenant that I need in that unit. If she does, I might just make her a permanent tenant.
No comments:
Post a Comment