Monday, February 6, 2012

The Quota Buster

You know, it’s almost as if someone reads this post then presses a button to determine my next obstacle. About two minutes after writing the last post, The Four Month Blueprint, I received a called from my mechanic. The final repair that I need done is going to cost around $800, $400 more than I had wanted to spend. This means that I will definitely NOT be reaching 13k this month, my first quota of 2012.

What I thought was a coolant leak turned out to be much more and now I need my head gasket replaced. I took it to other shops and they confirmed it, but their prices were much higher. So adding up the water bills, the car repairs, and just about every other expense under the sun, I should make it out of February with a little over 12k. It’s not too bad of a loss, but failure is failure. I’ll be happy to be rid of all the major repairs this vehicle needs, as this $1800 investment is to have a reliable vehicle to last me until I retire in two years. I know it’s worth it, but I really hate having to spend this much money.

Even if Nicky makes her full payment (which I doubt), I would still be unable to reach 13k this month. I can play catch up and maximize my earnings for March and April, but these first two months of 2012 have been killers. After the car is fully ready to go, I can finally focus on simply making money and normal expenses. Besides, it would be nice to drive the Jimmy and not have to constantly eye the thermostat to make sure the radiator doesn’t overheat, and to have heat again.

No comments:

Post a Comment