Today is the second Wednesday of the month, which means that it’s time for another REIG (Real Estate Investors Group) meeting. I’ve avoided going to them for the past three months and I think I’m going to skip this meeting as well.
The last meeting I went to was in November, which I wrote about in the post My Second REIG Meeting. It was definitely a crappy experience and the memory of that meeting is still fresh in my mind. I’m probably not going to the meeting tonight and I may not go ever again. My primary reason for going was to learn from other real estate investors. The first meeting was great, as I learned a lot from different people. But the second meeting was awful and I learned absolutely nothing. I can’t see myself paying $15 just to participate in the meeting, then another $15 to buy food, and then the drive there that would cost run my gas, and all that just to have a bunch of people waste my time? No thank you.
My hope is that this doesn’t lead me to believe that they can’t teach me anything, because they can. Many of them own many more properties than me and their experience is vastly superior to my own. But right now they are so unorganized and the leader of the group spends a lot of time complaining that no one shows up, so what can I learn from that? Also, they mostly talk about residential properties, not commercial. I think I’m going to stick with commercial real estate and real estate management e-books for now, and then go back to the meetings later. I check up on their poorly designed website from time to time, so it’s better to wait until they have a good speaker or a good topic to discuss.
No comments:
Post a Comment