Friday, March 2, 2012

Nicky's Dirty Secret

Cardio Abs (Thursday)
23 of 23 minutes. This is a fun workout, and much easier to do than the AB Ripper for P90X. Didn’t know just how important thighs and legs are when it comes to ab workout until this one. Will replace Cardio Recovery with Cardio Abs.

Cardio Power and Resistance (Today)
Couldn’t get through the second warmup. My thighs are still killing me from the Cardio Abs workout yesterday. I’ll probably do the Cardio Abs again over the weekend to get my muscles stretched out.


You know, I was curious for the past couple days as to how Nicky paid the remaining $550 rent in February. Usually when the rent is paid it doesn’t really matter how it gets paid, right? Wrong. I put one and one together and figured it out, and it wasn’t a good result.

On Monday I noticed an unusually large amount of garbage in front of property Alpha, wrapped in cheap white garbage bags. Then on Wednesday I kept hearing footsteps in the apartment when Nicky wasn’t home. I went out to get pizza with my next door neighbors, and they told me they saw some fat chick in and out of the apartment since this week started. Yesterday, I heard the same footsteps plus a little kid running around and a baby crying in the second floor apartment while Nicky wasn’t home. Then I remembered when Nicky was about to get kicked out she asked me if I would approve her moving in one of her friends, some loser SSI check bum with a kid. I told her no. I guess she didn’t understand what “no” means because I’m almost positive she moved her friend in.

Tenants lie to landlords all the time, and I’m okay with that. My problem is that she moved a stay-at-home-loser-SSI-tenant into my unit after I told her no. Stan moved in his brother Kris into the upstairs apartment of property Beta, but Kris actually works and gave me all of his information before he moved in. Yesterday I was in the basement watching The Wire and I could clearly hear her disgusting friend yelling at her kid and the kid running around stomping on the floor. And, if I can hear it, then the downstairs Indians can DEFINITELY hear it. I don’t want anything disrupting my Indians, as I need them to stay in the downstairs apartment so that I can live in the basement without a problem. What Nicky did jeopardizes that and I am pissed.

Nicky is resourceful but really dumb. Once she told me that she was getting cable and internet into her apartment, I knew something was up. How does a tenant who can barely afford rent be able to afford cable and internet??? I plan to do a surprise inspection next week, probably on Wednesday. I’ll probably stake out the apartment a couple hours before, just to see if she moved in anyone else and what kind of people my new “tenant” brings into the neighborhood. One thing is for sure: I am not renewing her lease. While I won’t have to worry about her rent, I will have to worry about how much damage Nicky and her SSI friend will do to the unit before her lease is up. My main concern is to make sure those two idiots don’t disturb my precious Indians enough to make them leave.

Maybe if she moved in someone that worked for a living and was as quiet as Nicky is, I might not have a problem. But I’ve dealt with SSI tenants before and they are WORTHLESS. Whatever money they give you is offset by the dragging down of the quality of life in whatever neighborhood they move into. I’ve already heard people honking their horns late at night, the same type of shit one would hear in the ghetto. Property Alpha is on a nice quiet street and I’m not going to let these idiots ruin that. Just three more months of this and I can finally throw her out and move in some good tenants, like I should have done in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment