Monday, March 12, 2012

The Traditional Second-Guess

Pure Cardio
29 out of 39 minutes. This is my fourth week and I can't believe I couldn't complete this workout after I did all 39 minutes the last time! My guess is that the first workout after a weekend of sitting down and eating takes more out of me than usual.

This week should be an easy one. I plan to suspend my account with Lexington Law Firm very soon. After the first two months in which they got rid of 7 negatives on my credit reports, they haven’t been able to remove any more since then. I appreciate what they’ve done but I’d rather save $100 a month rather than spend it on a wasted effort. It would seem that banks really hate to delete negatives from one’s credit report and I’m not sure why. I’ll give them one more month.

Last week I told my tenant Nicky to clean up the porch that had garbage from her new friends on it. Last night I came home from work and everything was cleaned up. That action, combined with the reduction of noise from her apartment altogether, is forcing me to second guess my plan to throw her out once her lease is up. I hate when I do this but I can’t help it. Every time I feel as though I have to throw out a tenant, I begin to second guess myself. I know I should throw her out but, if she can get the new people under control, then isn’t my problem with her tenancy resolved? The money is coming in on time and the place is cleaned up, so the noise from her friends should be my last major problem with her. I dunno what to do and I have a history of making the wrong choice when I second-guess my initial decision (the tenancies of Laurie and Annie come to mind).

I also have to take into consideration that I need to get stable income from both properties as I go through the process of buying the commercial property in June. Ending her tenancy in May and moving in someone new in June might mess everything up and leave me with a $800 (or more) hole that I can’t make up for. I guess I’ll make my final decision in April. I still have one more inspection to do for her place and, if everything is in order, I’ll extend her tenancy by three months. I’ll also talk to the downstairs Indians and ask them if everything is “okay”, and that should make them tell me if they have a problem with Nicky and her friends living upstairs. Her moving out in August would be better for me because I should have my commercial property by then. While I’m renting out the units in the new property I can rent out her unit as well. It’s all up to how the apartment looks next month, and then I’ll take it from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment