Friday, March 30, 2012

March Quota Missed

No Workout (Wednesday)

Max Interval Plyo (Thursday)
9 out of 55 minutes. I have no idea what happened. I had absolutely no motivation to complete this workout. I’m considering a restart of the Max exercises next week because my mind isn’t into these workouts for some reason.

No Workout Today
Oh yeah, I’m DEFINITELY starting Max workouts over again next week. My motivation factor is at zero.

$15,750.45. I missed my quota for March by just $250! If Nicky had paid what she owed, I would have made it. A small defeat but I’m hoping this sacrifice of a quota will result in peace of mind when I throw Nicky out in April and move better tenants into the upstairs unit of property Alpha.

With this month over and no word from Nicky about rent, I can evict her anytime in April. The idiot texted me on Wednesday to tell me that she blew the kitchen fuse and needed it put back on as soon as possible. I thought to myself, “Bitch doesn’t pay rent but wants me to help her out 'as soon as possible'?!” My plan is to send a letter to her that she has to pay the $1199 owed by the 6th of April or “we” will file for eviction. Realistically, it’s better to file for eviction on Monday rather than wait until Friday, but I can’t do it that way with Nicky. I don’t know why, but I sleep better knowing that I gave her every chance to pay the rent. After Nicky, however, I’m done with the waiting crap. If a tenant doesn’t pay rent by the 6th and doesn’t warn me beforehand, they have until the 10th and then I’ll file the eviction without sending a letter. If they pay the rent before the court date, they will also owe the cost of the eviction that I had to file plus the $35 late fee.

April’s quota of 18k will be extremely difficult to reach, but I’m going to try anyway. April is all about the money it will cost to get property Alpha's upstairs unit rental ready and how quickly I can find a good tenant. My initial estimate was around $400 to get the unit ready after Nicky leaves, but that may be unrealistic. Considering how messy she is coupled with the anger of the eviction process, she may cause more damage than I originally thought. If the costs for repair are under $800, I’ll be happy. I also have to file taxes in April as well. I was able to scan most of my papers and will spend Saturday and Sunday morning shredding documents before throwing them out Sunday night. I have to file both personal and business taxes, as I plan on buying future properties under the business name. The business taxes will be filed with the income from rents, while the personal taxes will be the income from my two jobs. A little over 3k is all I need in my tax returns to have a good shot at 30k by June.

April will be a busy month. I still have to find the right handyman from Angie’s List to hire once Nicky’s apartment is vacant. Everything is time sensitive, so I have to plan each step ahead of time. March was a great and, despite falling just short of my 16k quota, I’m fairly happy with the way I handled things this month. I just hope I’m able to have the same success handling the much more difficult situation that awaits me in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment