Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hector Makes the List

Revenge is something I take very seriously, almost as seriously as I take this real estate business. The long elaborated plans for revenge are my specialty, as every detail must be planned out and executed with room for error. Currently on my list are Joey Nigga, the asshole that stole 10k from me on the Paul Maddox property deal, and his boss Cameron Morgan. Every few months I make sure to update their information on them and their families so that, when the time comes, they won’t know who or what hit them. But that’s for 10k. For $45, I don’t think I’ll need to do such elaborate planning.

That idiot Hector who begged me for money to mow my lawn only did property Alpha, and it was a sloppy job at that. Clumps of grass were all over the sidewalk and one could tell that he didn’t really give a shit. Our agreement was to do property Alpha AND Chi once, then do both properties again near the end of October. I went over to his house last week to tell him that he still has to do the lawn on property Chi. No one answered but his wife came home with a box of pizza and got him for me. Enough money for pizza, eh? When he came out, he reeked of alcohol and had issues keeping his balance. Drunk at 4:00 in the afternoon? Really?! Even if he had a job, that’s still pretty pathetic. I asked him when he would do the lawn on property Chi and he said he would do it the next day. As I walked away, I knew that he wasn’t gonna do it. Furthermore, I knew that the work agreed upon for the $45 would not be honored.

This is why I don’t pay workmen in advance, but I had to in this case or he would have never taken the deal if I hadn’t disguised it that way. Unfortunately, he won’t honor the agreement so I basically paid $45 for him to sloppily mow the lawn of property Alpha. The lesson here is not to make “advance payment” deals with individuals, especially desperate people. Let them do the work, and then pay the money. The only time I have to pay in advance is to a company to get started on a project, and that’s like a third or a fourth of the contract. I have no problem with that. But with him I should have looked at the situation objectively and I didn’t. I looked at him as a human being and attributed my values to him. Big mistake. Will a guy who can’t put food on his family’s table because he’s too lazy to get a job be able to honor a contract that benefits me more than him? No. This was my fault. It’s the “my fault” philosophy and I was willing to end it at that. But something in me clicked and I realized that I can’t let it go. This is weird, because I’ve been screwed over by handymen who half-assed a job before and I was always willing to let it go at being a lesson learned. Some handymen have even screwed me over for hundreds of dollars and I never felt the urge for revenge. Something won’t let me leave the situation alone, so I’ll have to take action.

One weekend in December I’ll rent a car from a local car rental. I’ll park it at property Chi and then drive by his house at 4am and bash the back windows of his car in, most likely with rocks unless I can find an object with more density. I did a practice run the other day and my arm strength and aim are very good thanks to the gym. I'll continue doing practice runs until the time comes. At first I wanted to set his car on fire but that would take too long to get started and seemed like overkill, not to mention that too many things can go wrong with a fire. Anyway, the costs of the broken windows and dents in the vehicle will be more than the $45 and the cost of the rental, so that will satisfy me. At least I hope it will. In the meantime, I’ll be nice to him and I won’t bother him about the lawn. I’ll even sympathize with him when he complains about his windows getting busted. Even if he does follow through on the agreement during this time, it would be too late. Taking my money and not doing what I asked in the time agreed upon is a slap in the face. Remember when my brother Rex borrowed $1000 from me? Yeah, well he returned it WHEN HE SAID he would, and that’s respecting someone’s money. Hector has no respect and it would seem that karma won’t be enough to satisfy my ego in this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment