Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Paranoia Pays Off

Last night I came home from the bank job and took a quick nap. I woke up late and ended up going to the shipping depot an hour late. My boss Charles didn’t really care because I’m rarely ever late and, surprisingly, I’m also the most reliable worker there. I had the feeling that Annabel would talk shit about me last night and I decided to record her. I know that I said I wasn’t going to do that anymore—to go to the bathroom and leave my phone there to record any conversation that takes place using the Tape-A-Talk app—but I had a feeling that I should, just once more. When I came back and listened to it, I was glad that I did.

Annabel was talking to someone saying that I was late getting to work and that I’m always going to the bathroom, and that I don’t pat down the package handlers when they come in. First of all, she goes to the bathroom at least five times a shift while I go only once, at the end of my shift. More importantly, what’s interesting is that she recently told me that I shouldn’t pat the package handlers down because she didn’t want me to catch a cold from them.  Sneaky bitch. Then when our relief guard came in, I recorded her again and after he complained to her that the person he works with pisses him off, Annabel suggested that he talk to our boss to see if he can work with her. Doing that would effectively mess up my schedule and I wouldn’t be able to work there anymore, and she was using me not patting people down to show that I'm not doing my job. Sneaky sneaky bitch.

You know, I’ve had good and bad working relations with just about every type of people. The only group of people that I have ALWAYS had a bad working relationship with are Hispanic people, particularly those from Puerto Rico, Cuba, and the Dominican Republic. And I’m not even talking about Annabel, Hector, or Eddie (one of the supervisors at the bank job that likes to talk shit about everyone). This has been going on ever since my first job at 18 years old in Brooklyn. It seems as if cowardice, gossip, and talking shit behind people’s backs is ingrained into their culture. Or maybe they culturally have a dismissive view of Africans in general, I don’t know. And I don’t care. All I know is that from now on if your name is Hernandez, Alvarez, or Martinez, stay the fuck away from me. I don’t know what their problem is with me and I don’t care. Whether it be a co-worker, tenant, or handyman, I don’t want any business relations with the Spanish-speaking populace in the foreseeable future. When I have a bad experience with them EVERY SINGLE TIME, it means someone from above (or below) is trying to tell me something. I think it’s about time I listen.

Now that I know her deceptive little plan, I’m gonna do nothing about it. I’ll continue doing my job and make sure that I don’t listen to her when she tells me not to worry about patting down the package handlers. That’s all I really need to do and she can plot and scheme all she wants. You know, it's kinda weird how she tries to get me fired from my job and I don’t feel like getting revenge, but I plan to get revenge on Hector for a failed $45 lawn-mowing contract. I guess that’s just how I am. Anyway, I’m gonna do the recordings from time to time,  just to keep me alerted of any bullshit she’s up to. I guess the saying is true: “Just because you’re paranoid, doesn’t mean they’re not after you.”  


P.S.: If there was any debate as to whether I want to keep working or not, this post should completely destroy any hopes of me working once I can retire. I mean, look at all the petty bullshit I have to go through just to keep a piece-of-crap security job! At least when I have my own business, I can control who works for me and who my tenants are--full control of my environment. If someone gets on my nerves, I can simply fire them and that's that.  Here, I have no choice and have to resort to shit like recording people when I’m not in the room just to stay on top of things. Sometimes, being a sociopath isn't the reason for me being anti-social. Sometimes, the reason for being anti-social is that people suck. For shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment