Yesterday I drove around a little bit and passed by prospective property Charlie #2 (PPC #2) again. I noticed there were a group of buyers standing outside waiting for the owner or realtor to show up so they could look at the property. I pulled over and just stared at them. They were a group of three or four young white people, two women and two men. You could tell they were buyers and not prospective tenants because… well… I’ll put it like this: No one that dresses the way they did would want to live in that neighborhood. My mind started to wander and I remembered something my brother Rex told me. He said that it would have been easier if I had a business partner to do this real estate business with. And he’s right. If I had a partner in this who could come up with 50% of the down payment and share the profits equally, I wouldn’t even need to work anymore. No Annabel. No co-workers. No bosses. No shipping depot. No bank job. It would be just me and my partner making money off the rents and setting up future business deals. Sounds nice, doesn’t it?
With anyone else, having a business partner would work. But with me, it’s not an option. I want to do this on my own, make my own mistakes, and have my own successes and failures. I’ve made the sacrifices and suffered the consequences of my errors—me and no one else. I’m extremely ambitious, and I have yet to meet someone who matches my level of ambition. Besides, it’s clearly obvious that I really do not like people. People are untrustworthy and, even if I could find someone trustworthy, will they have the same ambitious goals that I do? For example, Sha is more or less a trustworthy person. But he does business very different from me, so there’s no way we can work together. People are just so annoying to me and I don’t want my retirement interrupted with my business partner wanting updates as to how my side of the business is going. I’ll feel as if I have a boss again! There’s also a certain pride that comes with doing things on my own. Sha started his business and used a lot of his family’s money to stay afloat when times got bad, with the loaning him tens of thousands of dollars from their lucrative statue business to buy properties and pay mortgages during the times that he couldn’t pay the mortgages.
I think about having a partner, but not very much. Sure it would be nice to have two people saving up money to buy properties and growing the business at a faster rate. It seems as if everyone is doing that nowadays. But the cost is too high. I’m not the kind of person that likes to share. I’m not the kind of person that likes to answer to someone. I’m Roger Dodger, walking alone with a big smile on my face. Being a security guard, living in a batcave, and having one source of income (from two jobs) does suck, but it’s the sacrifice that I’m willing to make in order to have a business free and clear, all to myself. So bring on the Annabels, the bosses, and the bullshit. I'll handle everything and come out of it all a champ. For me, it’s the only outcome there can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment