So this Wednesday was the last Wednesday that I was scheduled to leave work at 10am. I guess the other guard had classes that ended this week. I had a whole list of things that I wanted to get done right after work. Unfortunately for me, I’m still a procrastinating idiot.
This was what I was supposed to do: scan Carver’s payment agreement, find and fill out the pension forms, find my passport, print and fill out the DMV forms, register a mailbox with the UPS Store, go to the gym, go to the DMV, meet the Pest Control guy at property Chi, then go home and rest. I left work at 10am and went home to start my long day. Then I saw my bed. One can tell where this story is headed. I decided to take a quick nap. I woke up at noon. I figured I had more time so I decided I was gonna get a little more sleep, and then I made the big mistake. I put my heater close to my bed at the opening of my blanket, which made me feel as if I was being baked. That was it. I canceled my appointment with the Pest Control guy and went straight to sleep. I woke up around 8:30pm and went to the gym. So out of all that stuff I was supposed to do, I did the gym and I rested. It was such a defeat and I was feeling pretty low.
The very next day (yesterday), I was scheduled to work from 6:30am until 7:00pm. I was determined to make up for Wednesday’s disaster so I parked my car outside. Once I was done with my first set of rounds, I went home and found the pension forms (on the floor), scanned documents including Carver’s payment agreement, and cleaned up around the basement. I went back to work to do my next set of rounds, then left again to do some more cleaning in the basement, including saving all my coins (only the quarters and dimes) and finding my National Grid bill. Since I still couldn’t find my passport, I needed my National Grid bill and my driver’s license to get a mailbox at the UPS Store. I went back to do my rounds, then I went to the UPS Store and finally registered my mailbox. Then I went to Chase to change my address on all my accounts. Then I went to property Chi where I rescheduled my appointment with the Pest Control guy. He said the roach problem wasn’t too bad and charged $135 to do the entire apartment with two follow-up visits. Then I went back to work, did my rounds, and then filled out all the DMV and pension forms. Amazing. How the hell did that happen??
See, I like money. And I really like it when I get paid to do stuff, no matter what it is. I had all the free time in the world on Wednesday and I chose to do nothing. Subconsciously, it was a choice. But when I was being paid at my job I felt like doing work. I’m sure there are other reasons like priority and the fact that I don’t get much sleep Tuesday nights so I’m very tired on Wednesdays, but I’m focusing on the money aspect. I love success and therefore I love money. It’s the ultimate motivator for me. When I get paid I feel like doing things. With some training and routine adjustments, this will translate when I’m retired and have my own business and it’s nice to see that I can still do what needs to get done… with the proper motivation, of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment