3 more days. Three more annoying Smalltown days until I can temporary kiss this ragged town goodbye and take my trip to Brooklyn. Ooooh, nothing feels better than going home. Well, maybe not “home”, but few things are better than going back to one’s hometown and hanging out with old friends.
My old college buddy and good friend Nino is picking me up Monday night from the airport and taking me to some restaurant called San Soo Kap San 2, which sounds like the sequel to a really bad video game. Then we go to the bar and then his place for video games. Then I sleep, wake up and eat cereal. CEREAL. I can't have cereal because I live in the batcave with no working refrigerator for milk, and no where to place or clean dishes. It has been so long since I’ve had actual cereal that it may even bring tears to my eyes. After that, it’s more games until Tuesday evening, when he will drop me off at Brooklyn Mike’s place. It will be more cereal and videogames until Wednesday evening, when the real work begins in schmoozing with the family. It seems strange that I’m taking a vacation and all I’m gonna do is eat food, play videogames, and compete for best dick joke, but that’s all I really wanna do. I wouldn’t mind having sex on this voyage but my ex in Brooklyn is playing games, trying to turn our meeting into an all day thing with dinner and conversation. I don’t need sex that badly.
The true purpose of the Brooklyn trip is to see my mom and dad, Rita and Roy. They’ve been bothering me for the last three years that I don’t visit, so I figured that I would visit them now. Maybe if my brother Rex was gonna be there it wouldn't feel like such a chore, but I'll be grinning and bearing it for a good cause. After this, I probably won’t have to see them for another two years. I can come back to Smalltown and be completely focused on retiring, without having to hear that I don’t visit this parent or that parent. So the family stuff is reserved for Thursday, as I’ve told both parents that I won’t be in Brooklyn until later Wednesday. This gives me time to really enjoy myself with the boys.
As Monday gets closer, I find myself really not liking Smalltown. From the people to the city to the jobs—it’s nothing but non-stop work. I don’t NEED a break from it. I could go until the end of 2014 without taking a day off and wouldn’t care. But stopping the parents from whining and complaining will make my journey to retirement a whole lot easier. I also plan to take pictures and post them here. When I review this blog daily, I’d like to see the sights of Brooklyn so that I can get even more motivated to hurry up and retire. Once I retire, I can visit Brooklyn whenever I want. I just read that last sentence again. Sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment