Monday, November 12, 2012

Confronting the Africans, Part II

I remember when I was a kid and the way my dad would try to find out which one of us kids were responsible for doing something wrong. He’d get myself, my brother, and my sister into one room, and then start the interrogation. Eventually, one of us would confess and the beatings would begin. I used the same tactic with the Africans, but without the beatings (unfortunately).

On Saturday, I got a call from the Africans that the downstairs heat ONCE AGAIN wasn’t working. After that call, I knew that I have to throw them out. There can be no reconciliation with this type of sabotage. My original plan was to give them a warning in the Sunday meeting, but that was out the window. No more warnings. I want them out… as soon as possible. Because I know longer had to mince my words or try to make sense of it all, I decided to change my approach to the meeting. All I was gonna do was to give the Africans a chance to give an explanation for all these repairs being needed. That's it. I woke up Sunday morning in a pretty good mood. I got there 10 minutes late on purpose. Once everyone gathered into the living room, it was time to begin.

I started with asking what happened to the thermostat. No one said anything, so I explain that my HVAC guy said that the thermostat wire was cut. Umar said that he didn’t know. Then I asked about the two refrigerators that needed replacing. No one said anything. I then mentioned that ever since the Africans took over the entire building, it has been nothing but problems. Aspiring handyman Omarion finally spoke up and said that no one did anything wrong. He said that the furnace was messing up because it was old, and if something is messed up I have to fix it because I’m the landlord. “The furnace is old”?! Ha! He said all of this with attitude so I started looking at him. I couldn’t help it. Umar saw this and repeated everything Omarion said, but in a nicer way. I’ve always wanted to kick the shit out of Omarion, and that feeling only got worse. I told them that I had a meeting on Monday and I’ll be there at 3:00pm along with Gonzalez to give my “decision”. I’ll probably only tell it to Umar because he seems to be the only sensible person in that clan. If I gather everyone together again and tell them they are being thrown out, Omarion might say something that will force me to lose my cool and whoop his ass.

The great tenant eliminator, my lawyer Marvin Wassle, took the day off today so I’ll have to talk to him tomorrow. I need to know what my options are and whether I can evict them for the sabotage. You now, I have to admit something. After my meeting with the Africans on Sunday, I really developed an extreme hatred towards them. But it wasn’t just towards them, but towards all Africans. I just can’t stand the fact that every time I put either an African or an African American in a property, it always ends badly. Always. It’s like, they see a black landlord and they start acting the fool. What’s sad is that I really don’t believe Umar or Hanna knows anything about the sabotage. They seem so clueless and they work so hard. But what do I know? It could be them. It could be anyone. Landlords don’t have to investigate. If someone in an apartment is purposely sabotaging equipment, the response should always be the same: Fuck all of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment