Friday, November 30, 2012

Ready for the Worst

$16,400. Even with the extra paycheck, I still end the month with a very disappointing balance number. I made a little over $1000 this month, which is awful. November was supposed to be my comeback month, yet here I am in the same annoying position I was at the end of last month: underachieving and with low morale.

The trip to Brooklyn took some money out of my pocket, as did the water bills for properties Alpha and Beta. Property Chi’s furnace expenses and $330 water bill were an absolute wallet drainer. I also made a lot of dumb spending mistakes and it cost me big time. I’m hoping for a better month in December and… ugh, I feel like a broken record. Ever since September, I end each month with the same defeated results, and then hope for the next month to be better. So I’ll do something different in this post, just to see what will happen. I hope that the absolute WORST things happen this month. I hope that the appliances at all the properties start falling apart. I hope the National Grid bill I get will be $900. I hope everyone calls me asking for money. I hope that the pension check doesn’t come through and I end up not getting it at all. I hope that all my tenants will have trouble paying their rents and I’ll have to file evictions. I hope my cancer returns and somehow eats me alive in a month. There! That should do it.

Seriously though, it’s really strange how the closer I get to my goals, the harder it is to get there. I know people say it all the time, but it’s one thing to say and quite another to live through. I really would like for December to be a great month, but who really knows how things are gonna go. Besides the IRS/State tax payment, I have the National grid bill which should be around $300 to $400 bucks. Other than that, I really don’t have any other bills for December. If all goes well, I should have at least $18,000 in my account by the end of December, not counting the $3600 pension check that I should get this month. So I most likely will NOT be able to put an offer in on a property by the end of this year. I’ll have to wait until January, and that sucks. I probably won’t be able to look at a property this month either, as I like to have the money ready before I start real estate hunting.

No matter what, I’m still on track to retire by the end of 2014. I’m made a lot of room for error in my business plan, so all these problems have been accounted for. I really do wish that things weren’t so difficult but, if it was easy, then everyone would be able to do what I’m doing and I wouldn’t like that. Too much competition. Like I said in the last post, the road gets tougher but I gotta keep moving forward. As long as I’m making progress I’ll do just fine, no matter how many problems I have or mistakes I make. December is ready and so am I. Bring the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment