Didn’t I say that I wanted no surprises in my last post? Yeah I think I did. In fact, here’s the quote: “I’m really hoping for some good surprises this month or, at the very least, a smooth November with NO surprises”. So why is it that I go to pay property Chi’s water bill and the water department tells me that I have to pay a “catch up” bill that is $200 higher? It’s almost as if the devil reads this blog or something.
The water department has been estimating the water bill for property Chi for over 8 months. Last month, they finally replaced the old meter with a new one. When they got the old one, they got the actual amount of water usage for those months which was added to this quarter’s water bill: $330. That’s about as much as I pay for all three water bills! It’s only the 2nd of the month and I’m already hit with a $200 expense that I wasn’t expecting. Well, it looks like my mom Rita won't be getting any more profits from Chi this year. Maybe now she'll see just how difficult it is to manage a property. Then again, maybe not. I have to wonder what other surprises are in store for me. I’m guessing my HVAC guy Gonzalez is gonna find a bigger problem than I expected at property Beta today and I’ll have to pay some crazy-ass amount to get that fixed.
On the rare good side, it turns out that Nino wasn’t ignoring my calls. Hurricane Sandy screwed up his job and the place has been empty since, and his phone still has trouble working. So all is good in that department and he had to give me all his contact info again. I may be paranoid, but I have to protect my precious ego since it protects me. My tax guy Ross told me that I won’t have to pay this year’s Federal taxes right away, and I can rollover the amount due into my already existing payment plan. So instead of owing $9k in federal taxes I’ll owe a little over $14k by the time my taxes are done. It might suck, but I need to do it this way because I can’t have anything get in the way of purchasing property Charlie. All expenses will have to wait. Once I get the extra income from Charlie, I can start paying off taxes and debts while comfortably saving up for property Delta. Thank the gods for payment plans.
November, like the two previous months, is off to a shitty start but I’m hopeful for some kind of good news. I mean really, does it really need to be this difficult every time I get close to buying a property? In general,
P.S.: I'm not really angry. In fact, I may read this post again
and deem it as pointless complaining, and then get rid of it. I already had to get rid of that September post where I talked about the Mirror experiment of Project MFMA and Marla. I realized after a while that it had nothing to do with making money and decided to put lines through it, as a constant reminder not to write another useless blog entry. My posts have to be more informative and beneficial to my learning experience, or else there's no point of writing this thing to begin with.
No comments:
Post a Comment