At 9am this morning, I sat down with Kristen at CFB Mortgage. I had a score of 637 in January and needed at least a 640 to qualify for the mortgage. I gave her the $15 check for a credit pull. She pulled it. She looked at me and said this number:
6…5…9. Hey now! A median credit score jump of 22 points in two months?! It must be due to paying the Dell debt off and my new strategy for credit card balances, as I detailed in February’s The Balancing Act. Either way, who cares? I have the score I need, and the mortgage process is under way.
My mom Rita called and needed $4000, which I took from the money she had saved in the joint account for this very reason. The problem was that I couldn’t find my social security card. When sending an amount of over $1000, Western Union needs one form of ID and a ss card. I remembered that I always scan my documents and looked for a scanned copy on my external hard drive. I found it, went to Western Union, and the money has been sent. Hey now! Because it’s Nigeria (scam capital of the world) I was sending the money to, someone from Western Union had to call me and ask me a bunch of questions before they released the money-- to make sure I wasn’t being scammed. And, while I was looking for my SS card, I found my passport that I’d been looking for for months. Hey now!
This is a great way to start a Tuesday, and one can be sure that I’m going into the shipping depot today in one hell of a good mood… until someone takes it away. All I have to do now is give Kirsten bank info and paystubs like before, then pay the appraisal fee and the ball gets rolling. Prius said that once the appraisal is done, it won’t take very long at all to close. I don’t believe anything that comes out of her idiot mouth, but it made me feel good regardless. I’m on my way, man. On my way. Hey now…
That is awesome! I am happy for you!! :)
ReplyDelete