So this week was… um… pretty shitty. I paid $1550 to fix a vehicle that I’m sure will break down in a couple months. I was denied by my sure-bet option for a mortgage. My back was still killing me from the 300 workout I did with Ola some time ago. So, when I went to the batcave yesterday with 4 slices of pepperoni pizza in hand, I was prepared to sulk and wallow in depression. I didn't happen. Guess I’m stronger than I thought.
I ate my pizza, and then I just stared up at the wooden beams for the 1st floor apartment of property Alpha. No laptop, no music, just staring and thinking. I was waiting for that… that thing where I think about all the work I did to get to this point, just to get declined so quickly. I thought it would make me mad but it didn’t. I guess I was right about my callus for this business, a term I first talked about in 2011 in a post called Change of Mind. It’s getting pretty strong and I’m able to handle just about anything. So I felt pretty good this morning when I ran into my tax guy Ross as he left his car. I told him about what happened and he said this:
“That’s crazy. I mean, there are so many people who get mortgages that don’t deserve it, and here you are a hard-working man and they don’t give you one. That’s not right.”
I wanted to punch him right in the face, but instead I told him that I had to go do a round or something. I had to get him away from me. I mean, consolation?! That’s what I’m paying Ross for?? I understand he was trying to be friendly, but it’s unnecessary and slightly offensive. Firstly, people like me don’t need consolation or even adulation. That’s for the insecure. I do this real estate thing because I know what I want and I know I'm gonna get it. The only variable for me is the path, not the end result. Secondly, he’s my accountant. The only things that should be coming out of his mouth are solutions to my problems, not his condolences. He needs to keep that shit to himself. Lastly, his statement made no sense. While it’s true that some people that get mortgages don’t work as much as I, the lender has every right to decline my application. It was my fault for getting behind on those three payments back in 2010. You do something wrong, you pay for it. You know what’s “unfair”? A 5-year-old in Darfur that’s currently getting raped in the ass because he doesn’t want to take sides in a forgotten war. That’s “unfair”. What happened yesterday was me paying for my earlier mistakes, and I’ll take it like a man.
So CFB Mortgage is out. It’s now Empower. I have absolutely no faith in getting a mortgage with Empower if CFB Mortgage won’t give me one, so I also set up a meeting with Barbie, a loan officer who works at my bank job, Bank Job Bank (BJ Bank for short). Her boss Jimmy Gage, introduced me to her as the guy that “I’ve been working with to get his credit up for the past couple years.” Asshole. He didn’t help me do anything, except to give me the bad news back in 2011 that my credit score was too low to qualify for a mortgage-- in a post I wrote called Detour. But I’ll let him stroke his ego. I told him about the late payments back in 2010 and the 659 credit score, and he said it shouldn’t be an issue as long as I haven’t missed a payment since.
Yes, it does suck that I didn’t get the mortgage with CFB, but shit happens. I’m still a man with options. If I can’t get a mortgage with either Empower or with BJ Bank, then I’ll just continue to save money until another opportunity comes up. And if for some reason I have to wait until the late payments come off my credit report (seven years, so it would be February of 2017), then I’ll just have to live with that and continue saving money, looking for foreclosures or hope that PPC #3 is still for sale for a cash purchase. Life is always about how one handles a situation, so handling being declined for a mortgage like a bitch will make me a bitch by definition. I don’t wanna be a bitch. I like being a man.
No comments:
Post a Comment