Friday, March 29, 2013

The Tides of March

This month… hmm. What can be said that hasn’t already been said? This month sucked. The $1550 for the GMC Jimmy repairs and car rental. The $230 I had to pay Chase so that I could change my settlements to “paid in full”. Then there was the $550 for the appraisal of property Charlie. I actually ended up at $30,350 for the month, and that really sucks. I lost $150! It reminds me of those times in 2011 when I’d look back and see that all my hard work added up to nothing for the month. Did anything good happen this March? Hmm… well…
Bake Me

The thing with Hector was pretty cool. Empower is processing my mortgage, as the $550 appraisal fee was taken out of my bank account. This is the farthest I’ve gone in the mortgage process with property Charlie, so that’s a good sign. I bought that portable heater for $25 and it’s the best heater ever. I put it at the foot of my bed, open up the blanket at the end, and then bake. I went to Wally’s Auto Repair, the place recommended by Angie’s List, and they inspected my vehicle. This marks the first time in over 5 years that I have a current inspection, current insurance, current driver’s license, and correct registration all at the same time. They also gave me some very good advice about the vehicle I plan on buying after the GMC Jimmy. They were pretty professional and it looks like another win for Angie’s List. I also went to the gym last night for the first time this month. I completely destroyed myself with Ola’s workout to the point that I couldn’t get up off the floor for about 10 minutes after it was over. When I finally did get up, I was light-headed and had spaghetti legs. While I'm pretty sore now, it feels good knowing that I’m back in the groove.

I’m not sure if this could be considered a “good happening”, but the end result is pretty neat. Remember that Letter of Explanation I had to write for CFB Mortgage? Well, I made a big mistake that I didn’t realize until Barbie from BJ Bank pointed it out to me. I asked her whether my late mortgage payments in 2010 would prevent me from getting the loan. She looked at my credit report and said that there were no late mortgage payments in 2010. I wondered why until I realized that I had everything mixed up. In 2010, I was late on my credit card payments, not my mortgage payments. The late mortgage payments happened all the way back in 2008. In seven years, any late payments that have been paid off must be removed from my credit report. This means that, by 2015, I will have NO LATE MORTGAGE PAYMENTS on my record. That will be huge! My credit score will skyrocket and I’ll no longer have to write explanation letters and will be much easier to qualify for a mortgage then.

Other than that, March sucked and April doesn’t look any better. The quarterly water bills and estimated taxes will be due, totaling about $800. I’ll also have to do my taxes next week with Ross. I’ve been driving that shitty Jimmy around very carefully, and I hope it won’t need any more repairs before I trade it in. April will also be the last month for my National Grid payment plan, so I'll be back to paying normal bills by May. It’ll all be worth it if I can somehow close property Charlie in April, but something tells me that won’t happen. In fact, I’m still expecting an email from Petey Tim telling me that my application has been denied for some stupid reason. The necessity of hopelessness, remember? If it’s denied, I’ll just go to Brooklyn, buy my vehicle, and then start saving up for the rest of the year in hopes for better opportunities. The process of getting a mortgage is long, drawn out, and can be seriously stressful. I let it get to me and it disrupted everything. But now I’m recovered and back into my precious routine. Whatever April has in store, I’m ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment