March 1st. The crypts open and the welfare abusers end their hibernation to pick up their tribute. Rents are coming in and mortgages get paid. This month is especially important because it’s the first of the 4 five paycheck months (March, May, August, and November). That’s the good thing about working two fulltime jobs: no matter what, I’m always going to get paid 5 times when there are 5 Fridays in a month.
March is all about settling into routine. Besides getting property Charlie (which is always top priority), I’m also developing a routine that I can get accustomed to. Routine is extremely important because I need to be as monotonous as possible in order to keep these two jobs and maintain a somewhat healthy lifestyle. The first thing I have to do is stop playing hookie from the bank job. I’ve gotten so accustomed to leaving work that sometimes I leave and have nothing to do. One would thing I would have learned my lesson after that bank robbery, but I guess not. So I’m going to park my car in the garage every day this month, as a way to wean myself off of hookie. Yesterday, I played hookie and all I did was go home and watch Casino on my laptop and write blog posts. Pointless.
March will also be the first month in which I’ll truly be able to see how much I spend on things. With my business and personal accounts separate, I deposit the rent checks into the business account and my job paychecks are direct deposited into my personal account. This way, I can really see just how much I spend once all the mortgages are paid. Through this, I can see where I’m spending too much and eventually have the rents sustain me completely while the paychecks go untouched in the personal account. That’s $2400 a month. That’s good money. My food intake has been good, except for the Hibachi food. Even though it only costs 5 bucks, I didn’t realize just how unhealthy that stuff is. This week I watched as the chef put a huge glob of butter on the meat and then squeezed a boatload of soy sauce and seasoning onto it afterwards. I guess I never watched them cook it before, and I haven’t been able to get that glob of butter out of my head. So I’m switching from brown rice w/ Hibachi chicken or steak on non-shipping depot days to brown rice with beef (or chicken) and broccoli from the Chinese food store. It’s about a dollar more, but I’d rather have that in my diet than globs of sodium and cholesterol.
My workouts are going well, but there’s a problem. My upper body gets a ruthless workout but my legs don’t get much exercise. I have skinny legs which makes me lazy to run or do a lot of squats. It even hindered me a bit when I was doing P90X and Beachbody Insanity. I told my Nigerian co-worker Ola about this, and he said he’s going to change up the workout to incorporate an extra five minutes on the legs. I’ll find out what’s in his head tonight because I’m meeting him at Planet Fitness to do a workout after midnight when I’m done with the shipping depot job. I’m not looking forward to it, because I think that sick fuck is gonna put me through the “300 workout”, the one that those guys from that movie 300 did to get them into shape. I looked it up online and… let’s just say that I’m really hoping it’s not the 300 workout. Once I have a set workout routine, I’ll post it here so that I don’t forget it. I’ll do it three times a week: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (midnight) or Saturday morning.
Entertainment wise, I think I’m all set. At the bank job I write on the blog or research in between rounds. At the shipping depot I have episodes of Roseanne, Martin, and play Scramble with Friends on my phone during my downtime on the weekdays. I listen to everything through my Bluetooth so that I can at least look like I'm doing something important. It seems fitting to watch Roseanne at the shipping depot, because it kinda feels like the same thing when Roseanne is working at Wellmans Plastics. Weekends at the shipping depot are mostly trucks that com in as much and there are no package handlers, so it’s Star Trek and maybe a WWE PPV or a good movie in between episodes.
As far as getting a mortgage, that’s still up in the air. I don’t know how things will go, but I’d really like to go through the mortgage process and write about it on this blog. Having everything written down will make it easier to remember the steps when going through the mortgage process. It’ll help me become familiar with it when it comes time to buy again, as I won’t be so lost like I feel now. With all these things happening in March, I’m looking forward to getting adjusted to a fitness and business routine that’ll make this real estate game smoother than it is now.
P.S: I haven’t forgotten about Yoruba. Every time I open up that book, I think about the sleep I’m losing or my mind wanders onto thinking about property Charlie and I can’t focus. It’s difficult to incorporate into the routine but I’ll make it happen. I just need to do study for one day, and I can build off that. Like riding a bike, man...
I like your blog. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with the mortgage. I'm going to start searching for mortgages myself.
ReplyDelete