On this, my 400th post, it's the hottest day of the year so far. Women are walking around in clothing that I very much appreciate, and it’s the last day of May. I wanted this to be one of the greatest months ever, and it was just that.
Despite it all, I end the month with my new (used) car and my brand new property Charlie. Remember The Phases that I wrote about in 2011? Well, I finally graduated from Phase 2 (Healing and Planning) to Phase 3 (Property Acquisition and Management) and it feels good. All the debts of the past are gone and all that’s left is for me to start buying properties and managing them. Property Charlie will be a challenge because I’m managing people that are not my chosen tenants. They’re not used to my kind of business, so it’s up to me to get them in line. So far, it’s working. On Wednesday, Rory gave me his rent and told me that he has a snow blower for the winter, and wanted to know if I have a spare lawnmower so he can do the lawn as well. Nice! He’s like an unemployed version of Carver at property Beta, and as long as he pays his rent every month I’m fine with it. From the tone of his voice, I could tell he was fishing for compensation. I told him that he will be compensated for his maintenance, but I’ll make it so I lose no money. And here’s how I’m gonna do it:
I give all tenants until the 6th of each month to pay rent. After the 6th, I tell them we have to pay a courier extra money to check mail, which is the reason for the late fee. Rory and Brie were very nervous that their rents will be late every month because PA (public assistance) pays from the 6th to the 8th. So I’m gonna tell them that they can have until the 10th to pay without penalty, and in return “we” will incur the courier fee, which is bullshit of course. The bank job is two blocks away from the UPS store mailbox, so it’s no big deal for me to walk and check mail (I can also call the UPS store to ask if mail is there). But it’ll feel like a big deal to them, and Rory will be indebted to me and do the maintenance work for free. Hehehee.
As far as Kylie Ray goes, the toothless beast called me up Wednesday evening to say that she’s waiting for her income tax return to come in, and that it’ll be in by next week. I told her that “the company” will still follow through with the eviction but, if she can pay the full $935 before the court date, we can cancel the eviction and can start fresh for July. I was proud of myself, because I explained everything with a very nice yet stern demeanor. The old me would sympathize with her and take her at her word, putting me at a disadvantage. If she comes through with the money, great. If not, I’ll throw her out and I’ll test out Rory’s handyman skills in getting her apartment rental ready. So the tenant situation is more or less under control for property Charlie and, besides taking care of the water in the basement of property Chi thanks to the sewage backup, all the properties are running nice and smooth. The MDX is having the remote starter installed right now for $250, and then I will need nothing else done for my precious. I switched from Progressive Auto Insurance to Geico and I'm paying $261 for 6 months, almost $400 less than Progressive wanted and almost half of what Progressive was charging me for the GMC Jimmy per month! After 7 years, I'm done with Progressive and I should have made this switch sooner. Anyway, I picked the perfect SUV for me: not flashy like a BMW, Lexus, or Mercedes Benz, but luxurious enough to both satisfy and reward my ego for a job well done.
I said I wanted this to be one of the best months of my life, and it’s lived up to the hype. The property, the early rent payments from Charlie, the sex with Mercedes, the joyride, the PS Vita, and the MDX—it’s been great indeed. It took Mercedes a lot of ignored text messages, but she finally gave up on hooking up with me again and has moved on. I end the month with $2800, less than half of the 6K I was hoping for. But I got my car and my property, so it was money well spent. I’m proud of myself for not spending my money wastefully by buying things that I don’t need like most landlords would. The last thing I want is to call attention to myself like an idiot.
You know… you know what I’m most proud of? A day before closing on Charlie, I had everything written out as far as what I was going to write on here. I was gonna rant and rave about how great I am. I was going to curse out everyone that snickered when I said I’m gonna retire in my 30s. Everything was written out in detail. And yet, after the closing, I felt no raging against the machine. I wasn’t angry or vengeful or anything. Everything was so “matter-of-fact”, as if everything was supposed to happen. That, I believe, is my greatest achievement. In my mind, success is no surprise. Success is now mandatory, and it feels great knowing that my mind is now on the same level as my ego. They both say the same thing, and it’s something I’ve always believed: Me. King. God.
P.S.: I was about to publish this post when I got a call from Empower. Evidently, I paid too much at closing and they’re sending me a refund check for $640!! I was so happy that I didn’t even ask what charge I overpaid. I should’ve, right? Whatever. This is a fitting end to one of the greatest months in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment