I got a call from Hanna of property Chi. She said that there was a sewage back up that was leaking out into the streets. I called the city and they said that their workers were done for the day, and that I’ll have to wait until Tuesday since nobody is working on Memorial Day. I told him that I believe it’s an emergency (it really wasn’t), and he said that there’s nothing the city can do right now. Thankfully, the sewage wasn’t leaking into the basement. I drove by this morning and it wasn't as big of a deal as Hanna made it to be. What pissed me off is that I pay my taxes so that these workers can ignore their job. I don’t give a fuck about holidays or weekends or spending time with your fucking family. If you get paid from my tax dollars and there’s a problem (a problem that’s the city’s responsibility) that needs fixing, you get your ass out and do your job. City departments should have someone there every single day, holidays included. I don’t get days off so why should they? I’m working a 12 hour shift right now at the bank job! So that was one problem. A much bigger problem, however, was this:
![]() |
| It's Always Something |
By the way, I would have loved to take the car into Wally’s Auto today but guess what? It’s a holiday, so they’re closed. I swear, for a guy that’s ready to go 24/7, holidays are a massive pain in the ass. I’m hoping the repair costs won’t be too great, as I’ve already spent so much money this month. I know May was supposed to be the big spending month and all, but this is just ridiculous. I'm drowning in car repairs and I just got this damned thing. Ugh!

No comments:
Post a Comment