I wanted to start doing measurements for my attic apartment next week. I was spending a lot of time at Home Depot and Lowes, thinking about all the things I can buy for my future home. Then came Tuesday, and it brought me back to reality.
On Saturday, the head security boss for the shipping depot stopped by for no reason, asking me very stupid questions. I could tell from his demeanor that he was observing me, looking for anything that he could bitch about. He left quickly, and I thought that was the end of it. Fast forward to yesterday, when I get a call from my boss Charles while I’m working. He said the head security boss complained that my shirt wasn’t tucked in. My shirt was not tucked in. Once I got off the phone, I was furious. More ticky-tacky bullshit?! Thankfully I had a rap playlist on my phone for times like these (or when I’m running late), and it calmed me down almost instantly. Once I started thinking about it, however, I realized that my priorities have been off these last couple of weeks. I had forgotten that getting the properties is much more important than having an apartment. More properties make money, while an apartment for me will cost money… a lot of money. That means more time having to deal with asshole bosses. Then, this morning, I woke up at 6:46am when I was supposed to be at the bank job at 6:30am. I got there by 7:00am and was able to convince my boss Sandra that I was in the bathroom. This is just another example of how I need to get out of these jobs. My body can’t do two full-time jobs forever, and getting the attic apartment sooner than later would only delay my retirement.
So I’m done daydreaming about the attic apartment and it’s business as usual. Once I buy property Delta and it’s fully renovated and rented out, I’m going to start saving for Echo. It’s only during the process of purchasing property Echo that I’ll start thinking about the attic apartment again. Now is not the time. I’d rather live in a cave and be retired than live comfortably and have a job. As far as the timetable to retirement goes, my plans remain mostly unchanged. After I buy property Delta next year and fix it up the way I want, I’ll start cutting my hours at the shipping depot. Right now, I work Tuesday and Friday from 4pm to 12am, then Saturday and Sunday from noon to midnight. I’ll definitely get rid of working there on Tuesdays, but I’m not sure about Fridays. It’ll depend on how my body feels at that point.
It was nice for a while, you know? It really was. To imagine walking into my nice apartment with walls and a ceiling and an actual floor, instead of the dust and cement and grime of the batcave. And I know I’ll get there someday. The faster I get back on track with my priorities and stick to keeping my jobs and buying properties, the faster I can change my attic apartment from imagination to reality.
No comments:
Post a Comment