I’m not sure how I did this, but I’ve ended July at $5000, which means I saved a little over $2800 this month. This is with all the expenses I had to pay for like a new phone (Samsung Galaxy S3-$300), plane tickets to Brooklyn (hanging with Nino in early September, $189), the National Grid back pay for property Charlie as well as the bill for the upstairs unit of Alpha ($450), repairs for Kylie Ray’s apartment (about $250), and other things that I can’t remember. This is much welcomed news as I now have a shot at getting back to a five figure bank account by the end of September. More good news is that someone quit at the bank job, so I’m back to doing overtime which means more money. Not to mention that August is a 5 paycheck month which also means more money. Mo’ money, mo’ money, mo’ money! But there is a catch to all this. In order to make mo’ money (especially when it comes to overtime work), I need to get mo’ sleep.
For the past two or three months, I’ve been having a lot of trouble sleeping. On weekdays I average about 4 hours of sleep; on the weekends is a little under 6 hours. This is simply not enough sleep. I can understand getting 4 hours of sleep on Sunday and Tuesday nights, as I’d get off at midnight and have to be at the bank job by 6:30am on those days. But on the other 5 nights I should be able to get at least 7 hours of sleep. Because of my lack of sleep, I wake up with my bones severely aching, my eyes throbbing, and my body sluggish. At one point I was considering cancelling my membership at the gym, as I felt it would only hurt my aching bones more. It was Ola who called me a lazy black bastard for complaining when I’ve only been going once a week, and he’s right. I remember when I was working these same full-time jobs in 2011 and was still able to do both P90X and Beachbody Insanity. The workouts aren’t the problem; it’s the lack of sleep.
On a normal day, I do almost the same routine. I would lay down on the bed, watch old downloaded TV shows or an old movie, watch some familiar pornography, play the PS Vita, and research stuff on my phone until I get tired. The problem is that it takes me a very long time to get tired. I’ll stay up until midnight or later just laying there trying to pass out and it doesn’t work. And going to the gym doesn’t help because, while I get very tired from a gym workout, I still have issues losing consciousness. In the winter this wasn't a problem. I would place the heater at the foot of my bed. The combo of the heat at my feet with the cold of the batcave made it almost impossible to stay awake. If I tried this in the summer, I simply sweat and stay up.
I’ll have to come up with a solution to this problem, especially now with the overtime at the bank job starting tomorrow. For the last two weeks I’ve been forcing myself to sleep earlier and the results are encouraging. I would wake up a few hours later, watch a movie or play a game, then go back to sleep. The goal now is to get the two sleep times together so that it’s one long slumber. With the amount of money I’m poised to make, my body has to be in good shape so that I’m not working myself to death. I mean, what’s the point of making it to retirement if my body’s gonna be broken down?
No comments:
Post a Comment