$10,124.62. That's what I saw in my account today. It feels very good and I took a good 2 minutes staring at my account balance today.
It's been a long time since I've seen 5-digits in my account balance, two and a half years ago to be exact on the purchase of Property Beta. Seeing that number allowed me to see the fruits of my hard labor this year, and encourages me to keep going. I know that some of it will be used for repairs of Property Chi, but it's good to see the number, if only for a moment.
My mom sent my 1098 so I will be able to get a great idea of my price range on Monday when I talk to the mortgage guy. My hopes are that I can be approved for a loan of 90k. 100k would be great but not very realistic. I need to be able to purchase a property in a decent area, and those are usually in the neighborhood of 90k and up.
I spoke with the code enforcement officer after he put another 11 violations on Property Chi's upstairs unit, declaring it "unfit to live". He told me that the only reason he declared it unfit to live was that he was called 3 times to the same property within 2 days with no feedback from the landlord. His thinking, as he implied, was that if he doesn't hear back from the landlord, that it means the landlord will let the unit go to shit and not care. However, they seemed more interested in Sha, and why Sha's worker was there. Apparently, code enforcement and Sha don't get along and they thought it was one of his properties. So code enforcement is allowed to put non-existent violations on a unit just to get back at somebody? Wow. After I explained the situation, we ended the meeting on a good note and they're willing to work with me. I'll come up with a plan for Property Chi soon: its repairs, costs, and evictions. But at least for now, at this very moment, it feels very good to be the ten thousand dollar man.
No comments:
Post a Comment