This day has been filled with decent news. I don't dare say "good" because I'll jinx it.
I found out that Rita will not be coming to Smalltown tomorrow. It's not that I wouldn't like to see my mom, because I actually miss her a little. It's just that I like to think of Smalltown as... mine. If she came here no matter how short she stays, it'll be all about Rita. I'm not ready for that yet. She said she'll be coming on May 30th, which is perfect for me. By then, with any legal luck, her precious Property Chi will be nice and empty.
By the end of the week my business account will be over 10k, the first time I've had over 10k in my account in over 2 years (purchasing property Beta). While I know I'll have to spend up to two thousand dollars on Property Chi repairs and improvements, it will feel good to see a 5 digit account if only for a while. It's nice to see the fruits of your labor. I received news that banks are still strict on loan approval since everything gets approved through Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac's new stringent guidelines. I'm hoping that by the time I am ready to purchase, politics and borrower complaints will help ease restrictions in the name of good faith and, the new buzz word of our political climate: economy.
Property Chi is also bringing in some decent news. The new estimate to fix the roof is two thousand dollars, with another 500 to fix the chimney. The estimate comes from one of Sha's new guys, but he's proven reliable by fixing major things for Sha so I'll take another chance. His new guys usually do their best work first before slacking and complaining before getting fired. It beats the lowest estimate I got by over 3k. Once I get the letter from code enforcement, I'll show it to Rita and hopefully she'll put in half to get everything fixed soon. I don't know how long Sha's guy is going to be around, so I have to take advantage while the advantage is still there. By the time I factor in new repairs and improvements plus the security deposits of whomever moves in later on, I would have spent about a thousand five hundred dollars on Property Chi's interior and exterior makeover. Could have been worse.
With my shipping depo co-worker leaving sick, I'm here to relaxing and enjoying my music until midnight. I had to say, today was a decent day.
No comments:
Post a Comment