Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mirage

I was walking around my job the other day when Sha texted me that my old boss, Stewart, wanted to talk to me about a job. It pays $16 an hour and it's going to be even easier than my job at the bank. I immediately decided against contacting him.

I worked for Stewart for 6 months while I had just started working the bank job. He was completely unorganized, messes up schedules, and he loses security contracts regularly. He had a temper which, in turn, made me have a temper and we almost came to blows. Sometimes, his contract wouldn't pay and I'd have to go a week without getting paid. The only contracts he has are for places far away from here which would hurt my gas mileage. I have two stable full-time jobs with reputable companies that have stable contracts. Making an extra $6 an hour would be fine, but it will only be temporary and I'd always have to worry about when he's going to lose the contract. It's like a mirage.

I'm expecting more variables that will test my mettle. I've noticed that whenever I have a goal, variables come in that, if not properly handled, can mess everything up. I've worked at the bank for almost 3 years and I've worked at the shipping depot for a full year this month. I talked to the mortgage guy about changing jobs and he said that, as long as the new job is in the same field, it will not hurt my chances of getting a mortgage. If a reputable company offers me a job that's more money with the same amount of work, then I'll consider it. Until then, I'll let this variable go.

P.S.: I later discovered that this was actually Sha's April Fool's joke, payback for all the times I pulled a prank on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment