While I continue the seemingly never ending task of getting property Chi under control, my two full-time jobs are my main financial support. In an earlier blog, I talked about how there was a danger of losing one or both jobs. Well, the threat of losing the jobs is gone but it's not, in any way, a stable situation.
My boss at the bank job, Sandra, tried to get me fired on Wednesday. At the bank branch, a man had begun choking or had a heart attack or something, I still don't know. Anyway, since there was no one in the area that was trained in CPR in the immediate area besides me, the bank people wanted me to give him CPR. I told them to hold on, that I had to hurry and get my CPR equipment. From there, I grabbed my Playstation Portable, went to the bathroom, turned off my security radio, and proceeded to play Madden NFL 2007 for a good hour. When I was done, Sandra called me into her office and yelled at me that the metro ambulance had to give him CPR and he could have died. She also said that she tried many times to call me on the radio but I didn't respond. I stood there silent as she called her bosses to get me fired. The bosses allowed her to give me a reprimand, but nothing else.
Also, a guy that was just hired at the bank has been fired for having a string of felonies over 20 years ago. With a longtime co-worker leaving today, things aren't going great at the bank. The shipping depot is more stable, but not by much. One guy left for a better paying job and another is trying to follow. But, for the most part, my hours will stay the same.
I won't go into an explanation of the CPR situation. I am what I am. What I'm focusing on is getting my pistol permit so that I can get my armed guard license before the end of the year. With that, I can get a higher paying job and may not have to work two full-time jobs anymore. I currently make about 2400 a month between both jobs. If I can get just one armed job making 2200 a month, I'd gladly take it and welcome the extra time I'd have for other things. P90X. Social experiments. Refinances. Tenant management. Property management. Working the two full-time jobs is wearing me thin, and I'm not sure how much longer I can keep this up. I gotta be careful not to burn out before I see the light at the end of the tunnel.
No comments:
Post a Comment