Sunday, June 26, 2011

Renting Out Property Chi: Take Five

Well, decision time is near. I have to decide on whether to rent out the upstairs of property Chi to the couple that currently have landlord issues, or risk the place being empty for the remainder of June.

I'm going to call their landlord tomorrow morning to see if I can get the truth from her. If they sound like too much trouble, then I'll have to pass on them. The security deposit and rent that Hanna and the Africans give me tomorrow will cover July's mortgage payment, but I would really like to have the upstairs rented out tomorrow as well. I have one more appointment at 3pm tomorrow, and then I'll make my decision.

There was a prospective tenant that was flirting with me in an earlier blog I wrote. Her name is Yolanda and she has one of the best bodies that I've ever seen. She came to me today to give me her application filled out. I would REALLY like to... fuck her, but not enough to give her the apartment. Her application was solid and both Yolanda and her roommate have jobs. But come now. She's sexy, 20 years old, and would be living across the street from a fucking rowdy bar. Do I really have to go into the shit that can and will go wrong here? It would invite too much trouble into property Chi, and I've had enough with that bullshit. The key to a sustained peace in Chi is to keep good tenants. The Africans seem like they will be very good tenants. If I move Yolanda and her friend, they'll bring all kinds of trouble and the Africans will leave. Then I'll be stuck with trying to rent the place out with party girls upstairs.

Tomorrow I'll tell Yolanda that she didn't get the place and, if she gives me the opening, I'll see if she's interested in having some fun. Other than having some personal fun, she'd be worthless to me. Young girls that look like trouble are a terrible idea for tenants, even if they have jobs and a clean record. If my appointment at 3pm tomorrow doesn't go my way, then the apartment goes to the couple dealing with the landlord issue. They're older, the wife has been working at the same job for 3 years, and that makes them the safer bet. Right now, that's what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment