Sunday, June 12, 2011

Renting Out Property Chi: Take Three and a Half

I get a weird feeling sometimes off a hunch. It's a feeling to expect the unexpected. It doesn't happen very often, but I'm beginning to recognize it when it manifests itself.

I woke up this morning fully intending to do nothing except go to work at the shipping depot and watch movies. I had cancelled my Saturday appointments yesterday due to Joe Dockers' incompetence, but had forgotten to cancel my Sunday appointments. I cancelled the first appointment, but decided to keep my appointments with the last two. They were late appointments and I was feeling nonchalant and indifferent. I put on my T-shirt and ripped jeans instead of my usual white collared shirt and slacks, then went to property Chi to wait for my appointments.

I felt no pressure because I knew they weren't going to take the apartment. It felt good to feel so relaxed. The prospective tenants came in, Africans from Senegal. As I showed them the place I was waiting for them to say, "Okaay, well we have your number so we'll call you." But they stayed and were asking questions. All of them work, except for the daughter that's in school and the grandmother who is on SSI (legitimately). I don't have to worry about SSI in this case because the grandmother won't be on the lease, only the brothers that work.

Anyway, they filled out the application and wanted the place. I had learned from my mistake last weekend when I let a prospective tenant slip through my hands. So I tried to get them to sign the lease right there and then, but they had no money at that moment. So I'll have to wait until tomorrow afternoon for them to sign the lease and give me some deposit money. What's more is that their sister is interested in the upstairs apartment.

Once again, I'm not sure how this is going to work out. I don't have that bad feeling like I did last weekend, but that could just be my hope overshadowing it. I've always wanted African tenants and they all have jobs. I have Indian tenants in property Alpha and they've worked out great so far. I honestly wasn't expecting to rent the place out this weekend after Joe Dockers left me with another weekend of unfinished work. But, should this work out, I can finally begin to close the "Laurie and Annie" chapter of property Chi's storybook.

There's alot riding on the next two weeks, and getting property Chi fully rented out is top priority. I have to finish the repairs and rent out Chi, get my tax papers to the tax guy to prepare for the two refinances, get the roof of property Chi fixed, and make sure I have enough money to meet my 4k quota. With the Africans in play, it looks as if I may have gotten a head start.

No comments:

Post a Comment