Sunday, June 19, 2011

Renting Out Property Chi: Take Four

As I suspected, this weekend was going to suck. After four weeks of trying to get the upstairs of Chi rented out, it's coming down to the wire.

I woke up late Saturday morning and had to reschedule an appointment. The other appointment was an SSI couple. If an SSI person asks to see the place and you say no, discriminatory lawsuits can be filed. So I let them see the place. I could have just said the place was rented out but, when they see the ad up again, they may get pissed and get nasty. It might not sound like a good way to avoid them but it's the way I do business. The SSI people were a couple of losers that had no visible disability worthy of my taxes, and I savored the joy of knowing that I'll never have bums like these as tenants ever again.

Sunday had the most hope, but still no firm results. The first were a couple of sexy girls and a dog, while the second appointment was looking for a place for himself and his wife. The third appointment was a no-show. The two appointments ended with taking the application for lease, then setting up a time tomorrow to give it back for me to process a background check. 90% of the time, this means that the prospective tenant likes the place, but they're holding out for something better.

I plan to go all out this week and next weekend, setting up times during the week to see the place as well. I have to get this place fully rented and put the saga of Chi behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment