Friday, June 17, 2011

One Down, One to Go

The Africans have signed the lease. I didn't take any money from them yet. I told them that I wanted to make sure everything was 100% finished before I took any money from them. I don't think they've ever heard of a Nigerian not taking someone's money, and that went a long way towards the trust issue that they have with me. What did I care? After all, I have the signed lease so they're already locked in for six months. I'll pick up the money next weekend.

So now it comes to the upstairs of property Chi. I should be able to get it rented out between this weekend and the next. I simply have to make sure the exterior of the house looks nice and the rest should take care of itself. I used an amazing product called "Nature's Miracle" that got the cat piss smell out of the floors. Other than that, the unit is in pristine condition. I would like to rent out the unit before the Africans start moving their stuff in. Some people don't share my affinity for African culture, and would rather not live in a building that has Africans living there.

I have no doubt that I can rent out that damned unit in a week. Even though I haven't received many calls so far (only two appointments scheduled for this weekend), I remain confident. I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment