No Workout Today
And probably not for a while. My entire body is sore after yesterday’s workout and there’s a very sharp pain under the right side of my rib cage. I can’t take big breathes without feeling like I’m being stabbed. I don’t think my body is ready for Max workouts. I’ll take it easy the rest of the week with stretches.
Hmph. I’m not going to rant. I want to but I won’t. It took me a while but I have everything in perspective now. The situation with Nicky in the upstairs unit of property Alpha just got a little more complicated and it looks as if she wins again.
I contacted the Social Services investigator yesterday to find out why he was calling me. He said that he just wanted to confirm the amount of people living there. When I said that it was just Nicky and her daughter, he corrected me and said that Nicky moved in two mothers who both have children. I tried to lie and tell him that Nicky said that she’s the only one living there but he said Social Services did an inspection yesterday that confirmed that the two bitches and their animal children are living there. Excuse me, but don’t you need a LEASE to prove that you’re living in an apartment?!
I can feel a rant coming on but I won’t give in. It’s already clear how much I hate assistance of any kind, but let me explain why. I hate Social Services and Section 8. The government gives a certain amount of money to each state to fund rental assistance programs like Public Assistance and such—so the more people that “need” assistance, the more a county gets. It’s the job of the Social Services worker, therefore, to put as many “needy” people into as many apartments as possible and keep them there. So they could care less if a person lives there illegally. They could care less if the tenant is destroying the apartment or bringing down the quality of life. All they care about is getting as many welfare monsters as possible under their belt so they can make more money. So there, that’s one of the major reasons why I absolutely hate (with a Molotov-cocktail passion) Public Assistance tenants.
I called my lawyer, Marvin Wassle, and told him to “evict those bitches”. He said that I can’t do that just yet. First I have to send them a certified letter informing them that they have violated the lease and must remove the non-lease tenants from the premises immediately. I then have to give them sufficient time to comply with my demand. After they have shown refusal, I can then take their dirty asses to court. Here’s the problem: it’s too much trouble. By the time all is said and done, I could have a court date set for sometime near the end of April. Even when we go to court, there’s no guarantee that I will win. So it could be all for naught. In this case, even though she’s in the wrong and clearly violated the terms of the lease, it is better to let the Social Services pay what she owes, then give her a 30 day notice near the end of this month letter her know that we will not be renewing her lease after May. If she had pulled this shit at the beginning or the middle of her lease I would have taken the chance of evicting her based on the sublet violation, but with her lease almost up it just wouldn’t make sense. If she stays passed May I’m guaranteed an eviction because there is no law that forces a landlord to take in a tenant after the agreed upon lease period is over—just like I did with Laurie last year.
So in the meantime, I’m forced to live with Nicky and her herd of beasts for the next 7 weeks. I was miserable for most of yesterday but I’m okay with it now. Nicky still hasn’t paid the rent so I’m still gonna file for eviction Monday if I don’t get my money. Once I get the $1199 owed, however, it will bring me GREAT pleasure to give her that sweet 30-day notice. She forced me into a situation where I have to deal with Social Services again, and I’ll never forgive that. What’s gonna take the most adjusting to is the fact that I could’ve had an empty apartment by April 17th. Instead I have to deal with her dirty ass until the end of May. With the pain of my workout and the knowledge of my immediate future, I think it’s made very clear that I’ll be very happy when this week is over.
No comments:
Post a Comment