No Workout Friday
The abandoned building was occupied by the janitor all day. Will try to do push-ups this weekend.
Max Interval Circuit
25 out of 59 minutes. Major disappointment. Could be the hot weather. Could be the full 7 days between workouts. I don’t know what happened, but my legs simply gave out after 20 minutes. The goal is to at least do well on Thursday with the Max Cardio Conditioning. Then I can focus on fully completing both workouts next week.
The week of an eviction is the worst. I mentioned this when I had to go through the downstairs tenant of property Chi at the time, Laurie’s eviction, in a post called Cleaning Up. Many different scenarios are running through my head and the waiting can be exhausting.
After I filed the eviction Thursday morning, I came home at around 7pm and saw that the city marshal was already lurking around the house hoping to catch Nicky and personally serve her. I thought that was cool. I have to admit, though, it has been pretty quiet around property Alpha since then. Her welfare friends may have left or maybe she threw them out, I really don’t know. Every time I leave my apartment I carry my trusty Iraqi Freedom knife. I don’t think anything is actually gonna happen but when dealing with welfare bums, one must always be prepared. And Nicky herself hasn’t made contact with me at all. I figured she would at least text or call me pissed off that she’s getting evicted, but I haven’t seen or heard a word. That makes me believe that she had no intention of paying the rent and was expecting an eviction, which makes it even worse that I waited so long. But, as the week continues, I’m pretty sure my mind will overanalyze everything and I’ll start getting suspicious as to what she’s up to. Is she planning to fight the eviction? Is she planning to throw herself at the mercy of the judge? Will she even show up to court? I really don’t know and I wish it was Friday already.
One thing I was afraid of was that she may take the eviction notice to Social Services for emergency relief rent payment. When one is about to be evicted, there are government institutions that will step in and pay the rent for them. The good thing about Nicky is that she is not on Social Services, only her loser friends. So, as long as the lease and the eviction are in her name, there should be no help coming from the government. Still though, I wonder whether she will somehow find a way out of this predicament like she always does. She is a lucky one, but I don’t see her getting out of this situation. I’m still checking the PO Box everyday to see if she has paid, just in case. Even if she can somehow come up with the money, I’ll still give her the 30-day notice that will have her out the door by the end of May.
I decided not to use my lawyer, Marvin Wassle, for this one. It’s a small risk, but this seems to be an open-and-shut case. Tenant didn’t pay rent for over a month. Landlord says get out. Judge says get out. Tenant leaves. Should be simple. Why pay Marvin $225 for an easy case like this? I’m kinda looking forward to being in eviction court. I haven’t been there in a long time and I liked hearing all the excuses tenants like to give the judge as to why they shouldn’t be evicted. When I retire, I plan to pay regular visits to the landlord/tenant court, even when I don’t have an eviction to do. It’s good to get an update on the weapons tenants use against landlords or listening to the way they talk (most evicted tenants usually sound exactly the same) and remembering it when they come sniffing around looking for an apartment. But all that fun happens Friday. Until then, I’ll just have to wait and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment