Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Handyman for Every Property


This is the second of  two weeks that Sha has been on vacation with his wife in Guyana. It felt nice to get a break and not have to get texts about dick on my phone for a while. Now I just got a text that said "blow me", so I guess he's back. Well, it was nice while it lasted. Anyway, last week Thursday I decided to play handyman again and take care of some issues at property Chi. There was the missing tile on the bathtub wall in the downstairs apartment, followed by the slow draining bathtub in the upstairs apartment.

I started with the slow draining tub for the upstairs unit. Everything else was draining good, so I knew that it was a problem only for the bathtub and nothing I had to go to the basement for. I first used one of those Zip-it snakes to see whether it was something I could reach without using the Drano that I bought. Zip-it snakes are these long flexible plastic sticks with jagged edges. I like them better than the regular snakes because they’re super cheap ($1.50) and they get farther than the regular snakes because they don’t have the fat tip-head that prevents most snakes from going deep int a drain. The Zip-it snake didn’t find anything, so I had to use the Drano Foam/Gel combo. Within an hour, the Homos called and said the water was draining much faster, so the problem was solved. I also bought the Drano Max Gel and left it with them in case it happens again.



The next job was replacing the tile downstairs. All I really had to do was spread the Adhesive/Grout combo on each new tile and stick it onto the open areas in the wall. A problem arose where the bottom two spaces next to the faucet had nothing to stick to. The wall area was caved in and I wasn’t sure what to do. So I told them I’d be back to finish up the work (and so I could figure out a solution). When I came back it was around 5:50pm. Hanna’s brother, Omarion, said that he wanted to finish the work himself, seeing that he’s taking classes in home repair. I gladly gave him the reins and got the hell outta there and went to sleep! I’m not sure whether he wanted to do it for experience or because he didn’t want me there so late or if he just thought I was doing a crappy job, but I really didn’t care.

So now I have a handyman for each property. There’s Carver for property Beta, Omarion for property Chi, and the great Handyman Roger for property Alpha. This is good, especially considering that the labor is free! I buy the materials and they take care of the rest. It’s a beautiful thing, and it’s also a trend I hope to continue in future properties.

No comments:

Post a Comment