These are the written accounts of a sociopath's life and all that I go through, both personally and financially, as I attempt to be a millionaire within six years.
Friday, July 13, 2012
The Handyman Cometh
Well, I have to say that this has been a very smooth month so far. My Yoruba is getting better, my workouts with Ola are ongoing and I’m on my fourth Project MFMA social experiment. I’m trying to spend money wisely and am on my way to making 13k this month. Then I got a call from Hanna and the Africans who live in the downstairs apartment at property Chi.
At first, Hanna said that there were ants that were getting into the apartment. So I bought some of that Terro Ant Killer stuff, both the outdoor and the indoor versions. I went over there to give it to them. Once she saw me there, she then remembered another couple of problems that she wanted me to fix. Fuck! See, what did I say?! It’s always safer for a landlord to be out of sight, because the second a tenant sees him they start remembering all the shit that, until then, they were perfectly fine living with!
Four tiles need to be replaced (maybe more) near the spout of the bathtub, the bathroom sink faucet needs to be replaced and some mold needs to be cleaned off the new tiles that my former handyman Joe Dockers put on. I may have to replace the moldy tiles altogether because the mold seems to be coming from behind the tiles, which means that dumbass Joe Dockers never cleaned the wall before putting on the replacement tile. They also need a new bathroom sink faucet. I texted Handyman Stan but he never got back to me. You know what? Fuck him. Like every other handyman before him in this godawful town, he starts off good then disappoints in the end. I used him at his best and that’s what counts, so I can look for someone else.
I know I said that I’m gonna to the repairs from now on, but I meant simple repairs like replacing shit with screws and stuff. Replacing tile requires cleaning, measurements, caulking, applying adhesive, waiting for shit to dry, and all that other stuff that I don’t like to do. I will replace the bathroom sink faucet myself, but I think it’s finally time to use Angie’s List and make the tile job my first test. I’m on a budget, so if I can’t find anyone that can do it for cheap then I’ll be forced to do it myself. Like Project MFMA and learning the language of Yoruba, maybe doing repairs is just another thing that I can learn if I put my mind to it.
Labels:
ants,
chi,
Handyman Stan,
Hanna,
Joe Dockers,
MFMA,
repairs,
Yoruba
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment